Change of Planned Receipt Date in the Purchase Order Line by DOP

• 23 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi IFS Community!

I have a question for IFS 9. This is the IFS documentation excerpt:

“Status Confirmed

It is possible to make changes after the order has been confirmed by the supplier. This might happen because:

• There is a change in the demand for the parts, the e.g. manufacturing line asks for another date. We want to start from the beginning with the order line.
  • The promised day has passed and we know that is not realistic, therefore we want to inform the inventory personnel of a new estimated date. Still we do not want to modify what the supplier told us, to keep better tracking.
  • The supplier is sending a new confirmation

Update the Planned Receipt Date

Here the inventory personnel requires a new wanted receipt date, this change is originated by the demanding department, e.g., production unit. Complete new dates are desired here. We want to start from the beginning with the order line. It is supposed that the buyer will re-send the PO to the supplier. The order might have been printed or not. We recommend printing the order before the updating, so that a new revision is created, to be sure that the latest valid data is sent to the supplier. The dates shall be updated as follows

• Planned Receipt Date gets the entered value
  • Planned Arrival date = (Planned Receipt Date  - Inspection Lead Time - Internal Transport Lead Time)
  •  If a delivery route is applied then planned arrival date is the latest delivery route date before the above calculated date.
  • Wanted Delivery Date = (Planned Arrival Date - Transport Lead Time)
  • Promised Delivery Date = Wanted Delivery Date
  • Planned Delivery Date = Promised Delivery Date

The status of the line goes back to released. A new revision is created only if the Printed check box is active.

I have a Purchase Order in “Confirmed” status. This Purchase Order is also “Printed”. After that, we made some changes in the DOP (dates updating), which caused that the Planned Receipt Date in the Purchase Order Line has changed. The IFS documentation tells us that ”The status of the line goes back to released. A new revision is created only if the Printed check box is active.”

But… in my example no new revision has been created even if the Printed check box is active and the status of the Purchase Order is Confirmed.

Could someone explain why did this happen?

Regards!

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Bump the topic

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @filipkoniczuk - Did you end up reaching out to support for help? It looks like the community hasn’t had the same experience. You may need our team to investigate. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @KristenGastaldo, no I didn’t receive a support. I will close this case.