Solved

Cancel Received PO lines

• 9 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have a PO and all the  PO lines have been received by mistake. How do I cancel them?

The PO is in status Received. 

When I make a Purchase Order Change Order and RMB > Cancel on a line “It is not possible to change a contractor type purchase order line that has project time or cost reported to it” message appears. 

So what should I do to reverse the receive status?

icon

Best answer by Jackie P 12 December 2022, 10:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Try removing authorization and confirmation of the the time that has been reported against the contractor employees connected to the Purchase Order Lines. This should revoke the PO / PO Line status.

At least in Apps 10 Upd 15, PO Line and PO status will change to ‘Released’ when time reporting authorization and confirmation is revoked.

Seems like the version that you are in, sets it to ‘Received’.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Good morning.  

Not sure which version that you are using but in Cloud on the Receipt there is a Cancel/Arrival button, in Apps10 it is a RMB in the header, have you tried that?

Thanks

Jackie

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Jackie P I’m a bit confused over here. As it is to to with Sub Contractor PO’s. In Apps 10 and most previous versions, from memory, if it is sub contractor PO with Project Time reporting enabled on the company, the PO will not be receipted similar to goods receipts. PO status goes from Released to Closed without any receipts done.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

When you receive that error message, the reason is that you have Project Transactions where the same PO, POL and POL release number is connected.

Observe Contractor marked lines on POL are NOT handled by std procurement / arrival process - but approving project transactions.

How to solve this?

Try removing the PO information from project transactions that are connected to your PO and POL, once done - you should be able to handle the PO / POL as needed.

If you are not able to remove the PO information from project transactions, you cannot Cancel the PO