Question

Brexit - when to remove GB as an EU member in 'ISO Country Codes'

• 17 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

When do we remove GB as an EU member in ‘ISO Country Codes’?

I guess this should be done on January 1, so that new invoices from this date will get the correct VAT decisions?

But how does this influence the Intrastat reporting that will be done in the middle of January, for the month of December?
If GB isn’t an EU-member when the intrastat is generated, I suppose that transactions with GB will be exluded. Do I ‘re-instate’ GB as an EU-member while running the Intrastat for December and then Brexit them again?

In reference to the webinar regarding Brexit

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

First of all the ISO Country form have the possibility to set this attribute in each installation so if it is urgent you can always change this parameter for UK/GB record.

Secondly for a fresh installation you should of cause get the proper setting by default and the ambition from R&D is to have this in place for the upcoming deliverables (updates) that will come on each supported track.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi GISANCAR,

I hope the below information will help you to clarify the question you have. RnD has developed a solution for this and this is explained with Bug ID- 157676. I have mentioned below an extraction from the Bug Description, which I will be helpful to you.

“As from 2021 country code GB is no longer expected to have the checkbox for EU member selected in ISO Code Usage for Countries. From an Intrastat perspective, any EU countries dealing with customers or suppliers using country code GB should no longer report any Intrastat and instead the reporting will be done through normal customs declarations, as for any country outside EU.

For UK companies however, they should still be reporting Intrastat for country GB during 2021 when it comes to Import, but not Export.

The CORE solution is dependent on that the EU member checkbox is selected to even be able to start the Collect Intrastat job. To support companies operating in multiple EU countries, both UK and others, and where it is not an option to temporarily switch on the EU member flag just before collecting Intrastat for country GB, there will be some enhancement done to introduce functionality where the EU member setting for country code GB can be overruled when collecting the Intrastat.

Here the intention is to introduce a new checkbox in the Collect Intrastat dialog that says

"Include Country GB"

This new checkbox will be automatically selected by the system if the Country entered to collect Intrastat for is GB. And if this checkbox is selected, the expected behaviour is that the system will carry on the Intrastat collection just as if the EU member checkbox is selected for GB.

This implies that still both Import and Export transactions are collected. But when submitting the information to the authotirites, only the Import declaration is submitted, since anyway Import and Export are always submitted separately. So it is just that Export is left out to create any file to submit.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @GISANCAR 

Since unticking EU member in ISO country code has direct impact on intratsrat reporting, there is  bug ID : 157676 introduced for App 10 ( There is bug for App 9 version also ), and what this does is, created a checkbox when it comes to intratsrat reporting to ignore checkbox at ISO country usage  and consider GB transactions if ticked at “collect instratat” wizard..

1.If GB isn’t an EU-member when the intrastat is generated, I suppose that transactions with GB will be exluded.

Answer : YES

2.Do I ‘re-instate’ GB as an EU-member while running the Intrastat for December and then Brexit them again?

Answer: YES , you can enable checkbox at ISO Country code and run again, but rather if you have bug ID : 157676, in the system. You can select “ Inclue county GB” checkbox and run the intrastat.

Hope this helps you.