Solved

Are there any examples on how to use (ITS) INET_TRANS to send Purchase Orders?

• 15 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Are there any examples on how to use (ITS) INET_TRANS to send Purchase Orders? I have read the documentations but I need help connecting the dots. Can someone provide me some guidance? What is needed if we want the output the Order to a file as xml?

Thanks?

icon

Best answer by Kanishka Dilana 17 November 2023, 03:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

It's not a complex thing to try out/understand if you have used other Media Codes Like ‘MHS’ with the same Message Class ‘ORDERS’ before.

As you’ve already added the ‘INET_TRANS’ Media Code to your Supplier, all you need to do is, Send another Purchase Order using that ‘INET_TRANS’ Media Code. Then, you’ll see a Purchase Order XML File created in your Default ‘Out Directory’ defined under Solution Manager\Integration\IFS Connect\Setup IFS Connect.

A sample Test case would be,

1. Create a Purchase Order for your Internal Supplier
  2. Release and Send Order using INET_TRANS Media Code
  3. Look for the XML Output in the above Out Directory in the Extended Server (Inside /filerep1/$INSTANCE/out Folder for your IFS Application Instance)

I hope the above information is sufficient for you to get this to work. Feel free to let us know if you need further help with this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Kanishka Dilana ,

Can I setup other Out Directory Folders or is the Default the only one? How can I direct different Suppliers goto different Output folders or even to an external FTP folder?

Thank you for your

Badge +2

Hi Arebbeadle. You can set-up routing rules in IFS connect to send the files to the specified directory and you can have many output directories. You just need to define the criteria in the routing rules.

We have set this up for a number of different uses so if you need more information just let me know.