Solved

Apps9: Change orders updates open receipt prices - can we stop this?

• 29 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

We recently realised that when PO had change processed due to price increase and PO was updated to new price; receipts that were created prior to this change but not matched to an Invoice are updated to new price as well.
Is there a setting anywhere so I can turn that off, we have issues where we order in bulk but the price changes and sometimes there is a lag between the goods arriving so we would need to receipt them at the old priice

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 29 March 2021, 14:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

The application has given the flexibility of choosing the usage of POCO functionality.

In Site window > Extended Site Info tab > Sales and Procumbent tab > Purchasing section, there is a check box called “Enforce Use of Purchase Order Change Orders”.

Please refer below help text as well.

If this check box is selected, all changes to a released purchase order that directly or indirectly affects the value of the purchase order needs to be processed via a purchase order change order.

However, this does not apply to a purchase order created from the requisition line(s) of an express purchase requisition (i.e., with the order code 5).

If the check box is not selected, changes could be registered directly on the released purchase order or optionally via a purchase order change order.

That is, this value decides how you should work with change management for purchase orders on this site”.

Hope this helps :relaxed: .

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I don’t believe the problem is that the OP wants to avoid the change order.  He want’s to avoid the side effect of the change order updating received price for items already received. 

@BLLBrucemo 

I think the problem you will have is that it isn’t possible to have the same item on the same PO at two different prices - except after the earlier receipts are processed as closed.  If you do a partial receipt or even a receipt of one release now at one price and then later need to receipt at a different price, the natural effect will be to also update any previous open receipts prior to executing the change order.  You may have to get clever and provide a warning on the change order update of the purchase order to first check for any open receipts not invoiced that may also change with the application of the purchase order.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thank you both for the input, really helpful.

You are right Shawn, that's exactly the issue we have so will revert to business to check a warning will suffice.

Cheers!