Skip to main content
Question

Pulling info from CI into custom Caption field on assystNet logging form

• 18 April 2024
  • 2 replies

I have logged an idea for this, but am wondering whether anyone may have a better idea of achieving this?

We have a custom logging form that has a custom item lookup, and what I would like to be able to do is provide the user with a short summary of what that item is/does. It doesn’t look like the we are able to amend the column profile that appears in the item lookup so it includes a remarks field from the CMDB, so the only way currently to achieve this is to create a caption field and manually enter the text - but for 100’s of items, this is not feasible. 

Ideally, what I would like to happen is when an item is selected, the next custom is a caption that is configured dynamically pull through the information stored in the remarks field of that item in the CMDB - only needing 1 caption field instead of 100’s. This currently isn’t possible, and logged an idea for this 5 months ago, still with no solution.

Is anyone able to advise if there is a better way to achieve this? 

Any help is appreciated - thanks in advance

2 replies

Badge

I don’t think that this is what you are looking for but it might be helpful:

https://wiki.axiossystems.com/assyst11-8Wiki/index.php/Dropdown_Trigger_For_Item_Lookup_System_Parameter

This System Parameter identifies the minimum number of characters that must be typed before a type ahead drop-down will appear under the input field in Item record searches. This applies to the assyst Portal only (not Self-Service Portal).

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi Chris, 

It’s not available right now however we do currently have a story in the backlog for 11.9.0 that would implement dynamic captions as you suggest above. The idea being that you can refer to one or more attributes from an entity in the form (the selected item in your example) and use the caption field to display information from it. 

The development for the story hasn’t started yet however we do aim to have this included in the 11.9.0 release in Q4.

Cheers,
Robert