Solved

move a functional object from a site to another.

• 16 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi All!

I’d like to move a functional object (not serialized) from a site to another inside the same company. Any ideas are welcome on this subject. I know it’s unusual on IFS but not in industry.

I’d like also to transfer all historical datas of the object wherever the object is transferred.

Thank to all your advices

icon

Best answer by VivekBhandiwad 16 August 2023, 13:23

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Andryis 

Move Functional object is now a functionality in IFS from App10 onwards. Please review your application version, and if the same is visible in the RMB / Action menu ( Aurena) . This was introduced as a valid industry scenario where an equipment bought for Site 1, is then transferred to Site 2, within a company. 

The Equipment object information can be moved, but since IFS works on the ERP principles, the historical data ( the work orders, material issued, faults repaired etc)  will remain in the site where the transactions happened, as the costs are reported and closed in SITE 1, where it was currently in. 

The prior information is not lost. I would suggest, a copy of the equipment id, into the new site, and then work on it, rather than worrying about the data not moving to the other site. 

Do try the option if it exists. Else create the same equipment id in the new site ( with the same details ) 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @VivekBhandiwad . Great thank to your support. It works perfectly on IFS V10. 

If I have an equipment at the top of a structure of sub-equipments that I would like to transfert to another site, what’s the best methodology if I don’t need to transfer the sub-equipments?

Thank you

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Dear @Andryis

1.  Whichever functional object is selected  , depending on its level,  system will move the entire structure beneath it to the new site.  This is the right thing from a data/solution perspective, as Functional structures, will not get altered in an equipment.
  2. If the sub equipments, are SERIALISED, then you can disconnect them from the parent, ( and move them to inventory ) and then subsequently move the Functional object.
  3. Note, that if you have any transactions involved, such as physical movement of the equipment, you need labour and some inventory consumables etc, then create a work order, to report the work done  . Even if you would like to move the sub equipments ( serialised, assuming they are not mandatory for the equipment to operate) , should be done using work order RETURNS
  4. If this for Scrapping , as some entities use scrapping sites , as a seperate site setup, then a work order to recover working parts and inventorising them using returns , is the best method 

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@VivekBhandiwad You are a hero. Thanks a lot.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@VivekBhandiwad 

I did a transfer of a whole structure from site1 to site2 and it works perfectly. All the structure had been transferred. Meanwhile, the Object site remain the same. When I create a fault report, I need to use the old object site to view the functionnal object.

When I try to use COPY to correct the object site, I receive a message OBJECT_LEVEL is missing (There is no field of object_level in the COPY OBJECT PAGE). 

I’d like to use the MOVE functionality of an object structure to move all the object parameters, including the Object site. Could-you help me on this issue?

Thank you very much in advance.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Dear @Andryis 

I am not sure about the OBJECT LEVEL error, as the object level is not a site specific setup and should not be an error, as the value is being copied. Do not expect the object level data is getting changed between sites, hence the reason why object level is not an input for the copy object page. ( that’s my understanding ) 

About the object site being default during fault report, check the maintenance organization of the user id, with which you are trying to create a fault report .  Ideally this must a user belonging to the new site alone, and since you are reporting in Site 2, and the user has access to only one site ( Site2) , both the object site and wo site will  be Site 2.

In case you are doing with a super user id, then you have to change the object site manually in the Fault report, as you have acccess to both, and its a choice for you ( Site 1 or SSite 2) .

Check it out with a user id, who is meant to use only SIte 2 , and that should resolve the issue.

Regards

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@VivekBhandiwad , Thank you for those advices. 

We agree both that the OBJECT LEVEL should not be an error. So I’ve sent a case to IFS for this issue. 

I have a question : Which is the best way to set a USER ID to a unique maintenance organization. I’m used to do it on the following screen.

Thank you