Solved

Limit Options on MWO New Work

• 19 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Customer would like to only have 1 option when creating New Work from MWO Maintenance app. I and my colleagues have hunted around in Page Designer (1st image) to see where we could do this and the closest we came was trying to set an Enumeration Filter (2nd image), but when I set the value for the desired option (3rd image), I cannot save my selection (4th image). Not even sure if the Enumeration Filter is the right place to accomplish our requirement. Any help?

(1) 

(2) 

(3) 

(4) 

icon

Best answer by Rukmal Fernando 22 January 2024, 19:32

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@lamaus I think you’re correct, Enumeration Filter should be the right approach here.

I suspect the validation error you see simply points to the Case part of it which has not been set. Can you try checking it please (i.e.: setting it to TRUE)?

Case itself can have a Boolean expression so that the filtering can apply conditionally rather than applying always.

See also https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/040_tailoring/225_configuration/200_client_configurations/310_conditional_fields/200_filter_enumeration_values/

Best regards,

Rukmal

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you @Rukmal Fernando !. That worked in limiting the option to only the one I selected. Now how about taking it even a step further and having it default the option, and skipping the user having to select it at all. (Move right into the next step in the wizard, General Info). Can you guide me through that?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I tried having only the one Enumeration Filter selection, Create work that I will perform, then hiding the first step Step1 (Option) - which takes me to Step2 and I’m allowed to finish creation of the task and work order, However task status comes back as New and has no assignment. Prior to going down this path, native functionality when using New Work option “Create work that I will perform”, results in the new task assigned to me with status of Accepted. It seems limiting the options to only 1, does not actually select the radial button to follow the path for create work that I will perform. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@lamaus yes, setting default values is something on our roadmap, but we don’t have a committed timeframe for it just yet, so at the moment it will not pick the filtered enumeration value automatically.

Best regards,

Rukmal

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@Rukmal Fernando  - just when we thought we had a solution, we’ve encountered another issue wherein the Windows app works fine in allowing you to select only the specified Enumeration Value,

however the IOS apps (customer’s tablet sand my phone) give an error, “The given key ‘ReportProblem’ was not present in the dictionary” and does not allow you to select any option

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@lamaus unfortunately this looks like a defect that slipped by somehow and I’ve been able to recreate it too. I’ve reported it internally and will take it up with the team. We’ll look to fix within the next couple of upcoming SU’s.