Question

Delete a Work Assignment that's Completed - how?

• 30 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I need to delete a Work ORDER (in Work Done).

For that I need to delete the Work TASK (in Reported, it is the only task on the order).

For that I need to delete or at least update the status on the Work Assignment - the only assignment on the task.

All the status options are grayed out for the status of the Work Assignment.

Is there a way I can accomplish deleting this Work Assignment?
OR what is the best way to delete the Work Order?

thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Do you have transactions against the work task? If yes, you cannot delete but you can cancel. If no then can you back out the statuses? If you can take from reported back to released or planned you should be able to delete the assignment. 

Badge +2

CindyH, thank you for your response!

I do have a transaction against the task, unfortunately. 

When you say “can you back out the statuses”, do you mean statuses of the Work TASK? I cannot back out, the only 2 status options on the task available to me are WorkDone and Finished (neither would be helpful in deleting the task or assignment on it).
Assignment is in Completed, and no other status options are available (all grayed out).

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this. Take the status to work done. If you do not get an error you will be able to take the status to work started. Then you will have the option to cancel the work task which will allow you to cancel the work order. You will not be allowed to delete it.

Badge +2

Thanks Cindy! I cannot go back to Started from WorkDone on a work Task :-( IFS tell me something about Maintenance Plan conneciton-something which disallows going back to Started.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Your work order is connected to a PM? I don’t think there is anyway to cancel this work order. Maybe someone else knows a different way. I have given you all the information I can think of. Sorry I couldn’t help.