State Viewer Tool

• 18 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Another neat and indispensable tool in the Astea Alliance arsenal is the State Viewer, which makes life so much easier while troubleshooting issues.

This tool is available for both the Alliance Browser as well as for the Alliance Web Portal, in this post I will showcase the later.

To launch it, simple key in this shortcut CTRL + ALT + F1 on a desired field in the page/module you're working on.

The Source tab displays key information like the business component & object names, UI module, table name and URLs at a glance.

Source Tab

The State Viewer tab displays the page state data organized in a searchable JSON format.

State Viewer Tab

The XML Viewer tab displays the page data in an XML format.

XML Viewer Tab

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Another shortcut is you can also simply double-click the module name and the state viewer will open.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

You can also use the CTRL + ALT + LMB (Left Mouse Button) shortcut command on any desired field to view the same details.

Badge +2

Is it the same as IFS State Viewer Tool? This is a free app? Where can we download it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @lwieronski ,

What Pranavan was referring to for the State Viewer Tool for the Alliance product is not a separate app.  It is a tool built into the Alliance application thus is not stand alone.

Badge +2

Hi @Phil Seifert ,

Thanks for the clarification. But didn't IFS acquire Astea International along with their products? How can I access this tool - State Viewer? Interestingly, when I asked about this tool ChatGPT, it said that you can download the "State Viewer Tool from IFS" from the download section of ifs.com or support.ifs.com websites. However, the listed pages do not work or do not exist.

Are there any other free tools dedicated to IFS Cloud to display fields on a given page? so as to compare two same views on two different pages?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You are correct IFS purchased Astea a few years ago and it’s line of products.

However as I indicated above, the tool referred to by Pranavan is a built in functionality tool within Alliance itself and actually pre-dated Astea’s acquisition by IFS. It has never been a separate utility and available for download.

Now coming back to your question, I am not familiar with a tool meeting your request. This should be asked within a forum dedicated to IFS Cloud.

i wiill ask someone who is normally involved with IFS Cloud and see if they have a suggestion.