Question

error message while importing customisation

• 25 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello on a customer site (V15.4SU3) we encounter the following issue, when we import a customization in a pre production environment (with 2 applicaiton servers) the system display an error message 

Exception details begin: ------------ The customizations import process requires a cache service: The customizations import process requires a cache service   at Astea.AO.CustomizationManager.ValidateCache(String customizationImportProcessID)    at Astea.AO.CustomizationManager.Import(String sessionID, Byte[] importArchive) Exception details end

then we have an other message  “ Exception details begin: ------------ Error 2 creating directory '\\xxxxxxxxxxxxx.file.core.windows.net\astea\PROFILES\xxxxxxxPROD\FileStoragePath\Export\CustImport50afdcfa-0988-4e17-b445-2398559dc926\UIModule\cst_Param_TypeDem_CodePro\0\UIModule\cst_param_typedem_codepro_cst_param_typedem_codepro_lup': The system cannot find the file specified.   at AsteaLongPaths.AsteaIOHelper.5(String A_0)    at AsteaLongPaths.AsteaIOHelper.CreateDirectory(String directoryPath)    at Astea.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)    at Astea.AO.GZip.DecompressFile(String dir, GZipStream zipStream)    at Astea.AO.GZip.DecompressToDirectory(String compressedFile, String dir)    at Astea.AO.CustomizationManager.ImportInternal(String sessionID, Boolean ignoreConflicts, Byte[] importArchive, List`1 selectedItems, String progressID) Exception details end “”

we have checked the cache , the service are up and when we look at the configuration file they are we have a Redis Master and a Redis slave 

we are able to import this customization on different environment except the pre production.

Do you have some advice or have you encountered this issue before ?

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi

It is because the service cache on the server is not runnig.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I have the same problem on my TEST server. I just restart cache and the import is ok

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Christophe,

I agree with the suggestion above as the first thing to check is the cache service.

Another thing I would do is is perhaps reduce the number of servers running the Astea Cache to only a single server and make sure the global.xml setting in General - Cache is only pointing to that one server on the port 6379.

The general advice these days is to run just a single server that I received from R&D and other technical architects.  This way, you only have a single point that the cache service is accessed for the various applications.  There have been ‘interesting’ results with two cache servers in the past where then it was recommended only run one or three but not two.  These are more anecdotal advice I got from various TA’s.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi all thanks for your feedback.

Phil the fact to have one single cache running is not a single point of failure ? 

Rgds

Christophe

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Christopher,

i confirmed this with R&D.  The response was: 

The Windows Redis cache service is very sensitive and if installed on multiple cache servers is unstable. The more reliable approach, according to customers experience, is to install the Redis service on a single server and prevent any other services or apps from operating on it. Yes, this is the single point of failure, but it is mor stable than the multiple cache server’s implementation. 

If the Customer is on V15.1H15 or on V15.4 they can use Azure Redis caching service instead of the Windows Redis one.

kind regards,

Phil