Solved

DSE : Data for the last travel Service Order > Home

• 11 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

I would like to have more information for the DSE calculation with 2 adresses for Technicians.

1/ I assume that if we set 2 adresses for an Technician : StartShift and Endshift, the DSE will use these inputs in the calculation. Right ?
Use case : Startshift adress : Office   Endshift Address : Home

2/ If we set 2 different adresses : Could we have the data of the last travel in the DSE tables (Service Order > Endshift Adress) ?

NB : If the Endshift Adress is far from the Startshift, the total travel can be very different and the selection of the technician also for the last service order of the day. Each technician don’t want to have  big travel between the last service order and his home.   

Thanks and Regards

anthony

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 14 April 2024, 12:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

Not being a DSE expert, I discussed this with someone who is based on your questions.  This is their response:

Basically, every agent is having BWORK address as a default.

User can set start shift and/ or end shift addresses in addition for this address.

DSE will calculate the travel from/ to those addresses as long as they are valid addresses and having effective start and end dates.

Each and every route that the DSE is calculating, is taking those address into consideration and the schedule will be affected by it..

How it will affect? It’s really depend on the DSE setup (travel cost, maximum travel limitation, etc. ).

For example, If the agent is having one call on his route, DSE will calculate the travel from the start shift address for the service order’s address and from that address for the end shift address.

That is of  course a basic example. There can be a lot of combinations, depending on the amount of agents and customer’s addresses.

If they are working with GIS, all this data is saving on constant_routes_no_traffic table based on the Longitude and Latitude data.

Hopefully this response addresses the questions you raised.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

HI @Phil Seifert 

Please
Could you ask to the R&D team if we can have a key between the table Demand_schedule and the Constant_routes_no traffic in order to have the last travel between the order and the endshift.
In the DSE allocation report, we use this Data of the last travel, so this data may be in a table ?

Thanks and Regards

anthony

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

That is a difficult question and do not think there is a direct key between the tables.  As the subject matter expert indicated in his response:

If they are working with GIS, all this data is saving on constant_routes_no_traffic table based on the Longitude and Latitude data.

I have asked the question and will relay their response once provided.

In the meantime, just looking at the tables generally what I suspect is the demand_labor has an address stored in the to_address_id which should be where the agent is going for the work order.  From this ID, you would have the GIS coordinates to search the constant_routes_no_traffic table based on those GIS values in the from_latitude, from_longitude and I would think you would have to also use the to_latitude, to_longitude to find the GIS coordinates for the home address IF that is populated into this table.

Again, not being an expert this is what I see and looks fairly complex.  I think at this point, once we have received the response, you may be better served to work with Services to develop a solution for what you want to do instead of building your own due to this complexity.