Question

Default Fix Date on Repair Order

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello, 

We have our MOE set to generate repair orders on returnable items automatically through the service order. This function defaults the fix date (eta_date) on the repair order to be 3 hours in the future. Is there a way to change this? We can set a default on the field in the repair order screen, but it does not apply to those opened through a service order. I thought maybe there was a setting or MOE option that I was missing that could be updated for those. Suggestions?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Leann,

Isn’t this controlled by the service level template of Repairs on the contracts or objects of service?

The mobile client does not do the SLA calculations as this is done in the backend based on the service level agreements.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I thought so too, but it doesn’t seem to change the fix date. Is there another date field these options update? Or are there specific fields within the service level template that drive this? We currently have them set as below thinking the repair shop time should make this calculation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Can you confirm whether the order is linked to a contract and if it is, the SLA you are showing is defined within that contract on the header or object of service level?

From what I read in the contracts guide:

Repair Shop Time

This is the maximum time (in days) that the item should take for repair when transferred to the depot repair warehouse.

I am not sure where your system is getting the three hours from for the default repair when creating a repair order via the service order.  Perhaps checking the workflow (repair) module? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Our contracts are defined at the object of service level, the item is on contract and using SLA I showed you… however, they are defined as service in the contract category, both in the header and OOS. They need to be defined this way for other reasons, but is another line or contract required that is defined as repair for these settings to work as I’m expecting them to? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Leann,

I had a chat with R&D about this with the following response:

The business logic for ETA date calculation on repair order is complicated and depends on multiple factors. But for sure, this value is not passed to repair order from the parts posting.  Therefore, if a Repair Order is created from the Repair Order or from the material demand, but the data used for the order is exactly the same, the ETA date needs to be the same on both orders.

As you indicate, the result is NOT the same when creating a Repair Order via the UI versus one created by the Service Order using a material demand return.

Please also note whether they create internal, external or consign repair.

I think you should log a ticket to have this investigated by Support with all the steps, etc.