Solved

Wadaco timeout for LOV or starting the process

• 27 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
  • Do Gooder (Employee)
  • 3 replies

Hello!

Do we have timeouts in Wadaco? I have two cases I’m struggling for now.

1. Inside a process, after clicking the “List” button, I’m waiting more than 10 mins for fetching the data and finally, when LOV opens, I receive empty table, not being able to choose anything from. Awaiting time isn’t the main thing I’m worried about for now, I’ll check this later (probably database issues). Now I’m curious if Wadaco has a timeout mechanism for LOV and behaves like that.
  2. Similarly, I have a simple process FIND_INVENTORY which doesn’t want to open sometimes. I’m just waiting in a Data Collection Menu not being able to do anything else and after a while (couple of minutes) it resets and I can choose another process or switch the site etc...
icon

Best answer by Dario Zani 27 March 2024, 17:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Kuba 

I can’t say I have ever experienced a LOV that takes 10 minutes and then its empty inside. We don’t have any timeout handling ourselves in wadaco, it all depends on which client you use, if you use the aurena/iee client it have some longer build in timeout (like 20-30 minutes), while the mobile app and its framework will have a much shorter timeout that will trigger after just 30-60 seconds. So its critical that what ever happens in the server side when using the app that it don’t take too long time or it will trigger a timeout. Yeah in your case maybe it was caused by some database issues, it is hard to know for sure.

For the second issue, that can happen sometimes either nothing happens or you get some kind of error when you click to start the process, this is usually caused by how the database and its settings have been setup from what I know. During the years this has been caused by many different things so there is no clear one thing to look for. Usually in our internal environments it happens when the database have been cloned from some other database and some settings have not been altered to reflect that. This is usually handled by the database technicians.

Badge +1

Thank you very much for a detailed answer!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

For the issue with starting a process, check some of the suggestion around PL/SQL Access provider mentioned in this post, since that is one of the common issues that cause this problem.

Badge +1

Sure, thanks once again!