Question

WADACO - subsequent process - how to stop using data items sent by the previous process

• 14 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

This requirement raised during a complex wadaco flow. So, please let me simplify the question with below image…

There are 2 configurations connected as subsequent process. The Config 1 sends set of data items to the Config 2. But, Config 2 needs only selected data items during its process.

My initial understanding was to set the “Use Subsequent Value” to “OFF”. But, this is about controlling how the data sent out to next sub. process.

“Use Subsequent Value
Defines how a subsequent value is handled by the process if one is found. The enumeration options:

Off: The automatic fetching of a value is turned off.
Default: If an automatic value is fetched it is displayed as a default value in the input field of the scanning client.
Fixed:  If an automatic value is fetched it is directly saved and the process continues to the next data item.”

Please share your experience on how to achieve this step. 

Thanks in advance

BR

Chitrangana

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I’m not sure I follow what you want to do here. If you don’t want to send the subsequent values you remove their values Subsequent Data Item ID column, you only add those that you actually want to use.

Or are you trying to get some conditional control so sometimes you want to send x and y and sometimes not?

There is not much that can be done there except try to use the Subsequent Control Data Item ID or Subsequent Control Feedback Item ID on the general tab and then use the Subsequent Process Details tab to control to which process you want to jump to and what subsequent data items should be included.

You can control that if control value is x it will jump to process/configuration y with below subsequent data items and other settings for other control value or they will use the default one you have on your configuration already. Look for example at START_PICKING process and its template configuration.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Dario,

Thank you very much for the quick response.

The above is a simplified question. Actually I’m using “Subsequent Control Data Item ID” to divert to multiple Subsequent processes. One process wants all the data items to sent from the previous process and used, while other processes needs partial number of data items to be received in and used. 

So, I have no choice to send all the data items from the previous process (ex. Config 1). I’m here checking the possibility of NOT using the unwanted data from the incoming set of data selectively.

If I have correctly understood…

1. it is possible to control the data to be send out of a process
  2. it is NOT possible to control the incoming data set selectively in to a process - could be a functional enhancement

Thank you again.

BR

Chitrangana

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Yes

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Dario Zani,

Sorry for late reply.

Thank you very much for the confirmation. We had to do bit tedious customization to handle fairly simple situation.

Now with customer testing.

Please consider this request for future enhancements. Currently 5 of customers heavily using using Wadaco and we did lot of customizations since they are using this for NOT ONLY for warehouse related tasks. For me this is not only for “Warehouse Data Collection” 🙂.

Please keep up the good work.

BR

Chitrangana