Solved

WADACO SO Picking List Sequence

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 547 replies

Community,

we realize there is an issue when using WADACO to perform shop order picking list.

when starting the picking list, you have to scan the part no that in sequence that system printed, for example, on picking list, first part is A, second is B, third is C...you have to scan the part A first before we could scan part C. 

i think the sequence is decided via routing order in warehouse. but what if we need to pick C instead of A right now, this looks it is not feasible when using WADACO.

did we make anything wrong? Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by Dario Zani 9 May 2022, 10:54

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You didn’t mentioned which Application version this is about. But I know there have been issues with the sorting order for Shop Order pick lists not following the same route order sorting that for example Customer Order Pick lists are following, but there were some changes made recently in the Cloud track to make them more similar, but it was only done for client and report but not for the wadaco processes I think.
At the moment there is some kind of warehouse/bay/row/tier/bin order for the wadaco process but I'm not sure its the proper route order sorting.

The thing that controls this sort order is if you have Auto-Pick set on the LOV for unique_line_id, if you change that to just 'On' you can decide/override the order yourself. Another way would to move up part_no to before unique_line_id in the configuration. Both these variants would make you override/discard the system proposed picking order.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Dario Zani Thank you for your reply.

Our IFS revision is APP10 UPD9. i will have it a try on your second recommendation.

your first recommendation gives below LOV. which is not user friendly to the end user.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Dario Zani Your second recommendation is working. 

Thank you.

Ron

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@Dario Zani Thank you for your reply.

Our IFS revision is APP10 UPD9. i will have it a try on your second recommendation.

your first recommendation gives below LOV. which is not user friendly to the end user.

Yes, the LOV isnt 100% optimal for a normal user, but that is the real record key for the entire pick list line record. We have tried to add more information like in this case it looks like Part/Location Descriptions and a quantity to help identify the record, some customers adapt this one to show something else that they want. But since its a description column it has its limitations especially on a small mobile screen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Dario Zani Thank you for your input.

though we have IFS revision 2004, but we never use WADACO. Now we are trying to have it onboard. we realize IFS has a barcode built out of box. this barcode will be generated whenever the the part location or position is changed. I think it is not a bad idea to use this barcode in the inventory. do you have any suggestion on this? any other customer use the same? appreciated your input.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@Dario Zani Thank you for your input.

though we have IFS revision 2004, but we never use WADACO. Now we are trying to have it onboard. we realize IFS has a barcode built out of box. this barcode will be generated whenever the the part location or position is changed. I think it is not a bad idea to use this barcode in the inventory. do you have any suggestion on this? any other customer use the same? appreciated your input.

I’m guessing you are talking about the inventory part barcode (report), we have support for that one since the beginning of wadaco in Apps8, its the BARCODE_ID data item that exist in most processes, it can be used if necessary, only need to do some configuration changes to enable it, like moving it up early in the configuration, remove the Fixed Value Flag on it and then make sure that all items that should be fetched from this BARCODE_ID comes after it in the configuration and have Use Automatic Value set to Fixed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Dario Zani Thank you. That is exact what I am talking about.  I have knowledge to config WADACO to get it working, that’s not an issue. the issue I think it could be we need technical to convert the RPL to ZPL, as we are using Zebra printer. currently in IFS it is printed via RPL if i am not wrong.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@Dario Zani Thank you. That is exact what I am talking about.  I have knowledge to config WADACO to get it working, that’s not an issue. the issue I think it could be we need technical to convert the RPL to ZPL, as we are using Zebra printer. currently in IFS it is printed via RPL if i am not wrong.

Funny that you say that, that report happens to have a ZPL layout also,  that we just a got a bug reported on. But we don’t have any knowledge how to support ZPL layouts and no zebra printers here, so not sure how much we can support that layout in the long run, it was probably just created as example how to create a ZPL layout for our CORE reports. So you might able to use that one, but I would not guarantee any support for it if you get issues with it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Dario Zani Oh, great, thank you for correcting me. which means, it could be used right away.

Thank you.