Solved

Wadaco - report picking part Qty assigned error

• 19 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, 
I have an article reserved in multiple locations and I’m trying to loop on every single piece to process the reservation. However, when doing so, I ended up having an issue about a field “QTY_ASSIGNED” which i can’t find when confirming the global process and it rolls back to picking the lot / batch No. 

icon

Best answer by avan 27 June 2023, 15:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

One thing is that you have set qty_picked to have Fixed Value 0 when applicable, that would mean if the part is a serial part you will auto save 0 qty which seems very strange. The purpose is to send in 1 for serial parts, not 0, check how the template configuration (=1) looks like. 

Plus you have also set qty_picked to have automatic value to Fixed, this might be fine in some scenarios but not when you are have a so called internal loop with loop start/end, then you are in a sort semi-offline mode and the things you have picked previous loop laps are not taken into account when system tries to get the automatic value. I think that might be the reason for you error since that functionality will try and fetch qty_assigned from the customer order reservations.

I would suggest to either turn off Use Automatic Value on qty_picked if you want to still use internal loop and enter the quantities manually, or you could instead use a so called subsequent loop (or configuration linking as some call it), where you remove the loop start/end and instead loop/jump the same configuration over and over, then I would guess that Use Automatic Value Fixed on qty_picked might work better since there will be a commit between each session/loop-lap

Hi, thank you for tour respond. Modifying the qty_picked did not solve the issue. Moreover, my article has been reserved in several locations and when using loop/jump the same configuration, the article is no more visible in the list of the articles to prepare when looping as if the article has been totally prepared which is not the case. 

Hi, a solution I have found to solve the workaround issue when using loop/jump the same configuration is to remove the automatic value of the item “RELEASE_RESERVATION” and set it to “No”. Doing so, no longer make the article disappear after first completion. This way it is no longer necessary to use internal loops.