Skip to main content
Solved

WADACO process not showing Quantity_Onhand during MOVE_PART_IN_RECEIPT

• 14 June 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi all, I am trying to get WADACO process: MOVE_PART_IN_RECEIPT to show Quantity_Onhand to make awkward quantities received easier for our operatives to put away. Have tried using Qty_Onhand and Catch_Qty_Onhand. 

Standard packs are easy enough but we often get multiple products received on the same pallet, with pack sizes less than standard. Operatives have to completely strip out the pallet to check the quantity received as opposed to seeing what has been received on IFS.

I have tried many times to figure this out, I’m hoping someone out there will have had a similar issue and will have a resolve for me.

Thank you.

Link to config: https://mmifsmdl01.mmdesserts.co.uk/client/runtime/Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.application?url=ifsapf%3AfrmDataCaptureConfig%3Faction%3Dget%26key1%3D2%255EMOVE_PART_IN_RECEIPT%26COMPANY%3D300

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Have you tried to move those down in the configuration, both of them requires the complete stock record to be known I think.

Badge +1

Hi Dario, thank you for your suggestion. I have tried altering the list to move these lower down so all other information is populated before the quantity selection, but still no joy sadly. 

Revised config:  https://mmifsmdt01.mmdesserts.co.uk:48080/client/runtime/Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.application?url=ifsapf%3AfrmDataCaptureConfig%3Faction%3Dget%26key1%3D2%255EMOVE_PART_IN_RECEIPT%26COMPANY%3D300

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

and when i say stock record i mean the to location stock record, since it seems like these onhand quantities are using to location and not from location. I guess it could be argued that there should be variants on onhand for both to and from location, but at the moment we only have to location onhand quantity in this process it seems.

So for these feedback items to work then need to be used late in the configuration after to_location_no, part_no, configuration_id, serial_no, lot_batch_no, eng_chg_level, waiv_dev_rej_no, activity_seq and handling_unit_id.

But I have feeling you were expecting the onhand quantity for the from location here?

Badge +1

Yes, we would like to see the onhand quantity before we enter a quantity to move.

I see what you are saying for the config and I will try changing to have the to location selected before we look at quantity.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

yeah if its the to location onhand you want to see, you could move around the qty to move so it comes after to location and have onhand qty just before it.

Badge +1

Have just changed config and would expect to see qty_onhand for both from and to locations, but both show blank.

My theory is that IFS does not see this quantity as “ON_hand” as it is not yet received fully into inventory and still in arrival process.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Yeah that could be true, what is shown at the moment is what you can see in qty_onhand column in inventory part in stock client I would guess.

And it would return NULL/empty if some of the stock keys are missing or there exist no stock record yet in that table, you will only get a value like 0 or higher when there is a stock record in that table (and note there is a cleanup job that remove empty/0 qty stock records if I remember correctly).

There is feedbacks like QTY_IN_TRANSIT but not for this process from what I could see.

But in this case quantity onhand is only for to location, so it don’t matter where you place it. It could with a customization be added or changed so it used from location instead, but it would require code changes. But that might not be enough for you if you also want it to include stuff in arrival still.

You could always request changes to the process in the idea section in this community page or see if it could be reported as bug (but I would rather count this is as missing functionality than a bug and changing it now could affect customers that are using it already).

Badge +1

That’s the strange thing, the stock shows as available in inventory part in stock, hence my confusion on this.

If the feedback is only linked to “to location”, that would explain why it throws no value, and not a zero.

I think I will follow your suggestion again and request a change idea. And always conscious that changes to these setups can affect many users.

Thank you for your help :)