Solved

Wadaco Pick List

• 13 September 2023
  • 9 replies

How Can I configure the Wadaco Process, so that after picking the fist line of the pick list, the second line will be displayed automatically? So that I do not have to enter the pick list no again as fist step and I can continue with the next line of the pick list.

Wadaco Configuration:  “REPORT_PICK_PART_SO_PICK_LIST”.

As Last Line on Pick List = No, after saving the next line of the pick list should appear.
And not again the starting position above.

icon

Best answer by Dario Zani 14 September 2023, 11:49

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Dario Flandia,

you could test with setting a loop into the configuration.

Pls check the following thread as an example of what to consider first though and how looping can be problematic:

https://community.ifs.com/warehouse-data-collection-wadaco-252/wadaco-loop-38141

This is just a generic example of how to set up a loop start/end and not applicable to your situation by default:

Br,

Mikko

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Dario Flandia 

Yes @Mikko K. is correct you have the option of the internal loop but with the drawbacks it brings, but you also could create a subsequent loop where you jump back to your own process/configuration for each lap but doing some small changes to the template configuration.

Like setting your own configuration as the Subsequent Process ID and Configuration ID in the general tab and remove the line in Subsequent Process Details if you don’t want to jump to Start Warehouse Task when the Last Line on Pick List is set to Y/Yes. Plus make sure that you in the items tab have a Subsequent Data Item ID set on PICK_LIST_NO to be PICK_LIST_NO and have Use Subsequent Value to Fixed (this is the thing that will help you set the pick list no value for the next pick list lines).

Only issue I could see while doing a test on this process was that when the current pick list is finished, you will end up with system wanting a new Pick List No, but when you open the LOV its empty, the workaround is to jump back to the menu and then start the process again, then the LOV will be filled with possible pick lists.

In other processes like Customer Order Picking I think we have made some fixes for the Pick List No so you will have a full list of values in the LOV after you have finished one pick list. Maybe that could be implemented also for this process.

@Dario Zani It worked according to your suggestion. Now I wanted to do the same for the Wadaco Configuration “Report Picking of Parts for CO” but it failed. Did I miss som

The result I get is, that the Pick List will be successfully picked & confirmed unfortunatly I will get back to the first step as I would start a new Session. Requirement is the same, that I can stay in the same Pick List and do not have to enter it again.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Yes there is at least one mistake in the general tab you have set Pick_List_No as a Subsequent Control Data Item ID, that don’t make any sense to me and might not be that optimal to do. Check the documentation and help information for those subsequent fields in the client. But in short the control value (either a data item or a feedback item) is used in combination what you setup in the subsequent process tab in the client, in that tab you set that value x will make you jump to process a, while value y will make you jump to process b and for all other values you will stay in this process. Check how its setup for other processes. 

Here it looks like you removed/replaced the original control feedback item Last_Line_On_Pick_List which is used to control if you stay in the same configuration or if you jump to for example start warehouse task (if you started this flow from start warehouse task), you could also make it jump to Start Picking or you could remove it, I think you removed the lines in the subsequent process tab if you followed my instructions for the Shop Order Picking.

@Dario Zani  

I did not remove the original control feedback, it is at the same place as the original Config. No. 1 (Step 30 “Barcode”). Once in the process it recognizes it is not the last line (Last line on pick list =No) it will end the process and close the pick list…. 

I removed the PICK_LIST_NO in the General Tab but same result. Settings are same as in the configuration Report Pick Shop Order Pick List. 

@Dario Zani 
Hi Dario, can you forward me printscreens of your REPORT_PICKING_PART configuration you fixed so that if Last line on Pick List = No -  the next line will be displayed automatically in the wadaco and you don’t have to start from the beginning & entering Pick List No again.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

It is the exact same suggestions I gave for the other picking process, make sure it loops on it self in the general tab and remove the line in subsequent process details and make sure that data item setting for PICK_LIST_NO still have PICK_LIST_NO as a subsequent data item id and use subsequent value as Fixed (that setting might be removed when you removed the lines in subsequent process details tab or the change in the general tab, so you have to re-enter it).

@Dario Zani 

I have done it the same way.

But again I was able only to pick the first line, the second was deleted again somehow….

Furthermore I had to start from the same starting position again (Enter Pick List No), instead of the second line. As mentionend, same pick list no is not available anymore as it deleted the second line automatically smoehow:

Can maybe the RELEASE_RESERVATION cause the problem? I’ve defined Fixed Value = Yes and Use Automatic Value = Fixed but it should not as it can always be I can not fullfill each line on a Pick List so that we have a partial delivery?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Yeah it sounds like release reservation, you should choose No for it if you are not finished with the entire pick list.