Question

WADACO mobile client on Android for IFSAPPS9

• 25 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 1 reply

Hi Community

We currently run the WADACO windows mobile client against IFS9 (upd 14). Some of our handheld Windows devices need replacing but getting hold of devices running these old versions of windows is not easy any longer.

I wanted to see if there was an Android version of WADACO available for Apps9. I have seen the app “IFS Scan It 8 & 9” on the Play store. Does anyone know if this has equivalent functionality to the windows mobile client?

The IFS help has a section about the “IFS Touch Apps Server”. Can I assume I would need to have this running within our network to be able to use the Scan It app?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I wanted to see if there was an Android version of WADACO available for Apps9. I have seen the app “IFS Scan It 8 & 9” on the Play store. Does anyone know if this has equivalent functionality to the windows mobile client?

Yes, for Apps8-9 there was 2 different scanning apps, one for windows Mobile and one for Android.

The IFS help has a section about the “IFS Touch Apps Server”. Can I assume I would need to have this running within our network to be able to use the Scan It app?

Yes since Android app uses the Touch Apps Server while the Windows Mobile app didn’t use that from what I remember.

Badge +2

Thanks for the update @Dario Zani and confirming my suspicions