Question

WADACO Label Printing Issue - Location

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

We are having an issue with the incorrect location printing on the label. If a part has more than one location in the system, regardless of what location we choose to move the parts to, the label will print out with the location at the top of the list. My IT team is telling me that no solution exists for this issue, but our past system (Cedar Bay) never had this issue and it seems like a basic functionality requirement not to have a solution.

I am hoping someone can assist so that we can get this fixed right away. It is causing some chaos in our warehouses. 

Thanks very much for any help you can give! 

Sarah

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Sarah Neuman 

which configuration (or process) do you use for it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

To me this don’t sound like a WADACO issue since we have no special WADACO reports, its the same reports that exist in the regular client so the same problem should then exist in the regular client also. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Which process are you talking about, since neither Move Part nor Move Handling Unit have any label printing in IFS core, so not sure what we are talking about here even, is it a customization perhaps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

We are trying to “Print Inventory Part Barcodes? per the screenshot attached. I am being told that the location is not available to print because it is not in the _REP view. 

Thanks,

Sarah

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Sarah Neuman 

Ah ok, now I get what you are asking about, forgive the confusion here since you posted this in the WADACO (warehouse data collection) section so both me and @Link thought you were actually talking about a wadaco process that had some barcode printing functionality.

But what you are asking about is the general Print Inventory Part Barcode functionality that existed long before wadaco was built and that we in wadaco can use to scan the stock keys from in many processes. This question should have been entered in the Supply Chain section since this functionality belongs to Supply Chain and Inventory rather then to wadaco.

I’m not an expert on that report, but as I remember location is not part of its content at all, probably due to some old historic design decision I would guess. You can see exactly what information can be gather from the barcode if you open the Inventory Part Barcode Analysis page.

I think this report is mostly to gather the part information like serial/lotbatch, it was not intended to be a location report, so if Cedar Bay made some customization on top of our report or made a new report that is on them and not part of IFS Applications.

If you want to have the exact same functionality as you had for Cedar Bay I guess it has to be a customization then by either changing this core report or create a new report that works as you want.

If you want more information you could try and ask that question in the Supply Chain section.

Best Regards,

Dario

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thank you for your help and sorry for the confusion 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Dario Zani,

I have a case (general Print Inventory Part Barcode functionality) where the customer has created a PO with two pieces of part and added them to separate two locations in the receipt window.

Ex: Assume they have created a purchase order and in the receipt window they have arrived their qty to different two locations.

Location number: 1K0202

Warehouse - 1k

Row ID - 02

Bin ID - 02

Then they try to print the barcode and they are requesting to have location number (1K0202) on the label instead of warehouse ID, ROW ID, and BIN ID(1k----02----02). As you mentioned the location is not part of the inventory barcode analysis content in the core but they have a customized field named location number in the inventory barcode analysis window which is empty.

Any idea on this?

Regards,

Nikila 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Nikila Dis 

Sorry I have no idea why their customization don’t work.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Dario Zani,

Thank you. Assume that there is no customization, then still not possible to add the location number to the barcode label right?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I didn’t say that. 

“I’m not an expert on that report, but as I remember location is not part of its content at all, probably due to some old historic design decision I would guess. You can see exactly what information can be gather from the barcode if you open the Inventory Part Barcode Analysis page.”