• 4 replies

Badge +3

Hi Community,

We try to  configure 2 loops on Register Arrival :

• one to receive the serial parts on PO lines with quantity > 1 
  • one to register arrivals of several PO lines on a PO

here are the steps that user has to enter, choose in list or scan :

1. PO N°
  2. PO line N° (if relevant - loop 2 if PO with several lines)
  3. Part N° 
  4. Serial N° (loop 1 if quantity of PO line > 1)
  5. Location

How can we configure the end of the loop to take into account automatically the quantity of the PO line?

I can configure several loop start but only one loop end. What should be the end of the loop ?

Because I’m surprised to be able to receive in stock more than the ordered quantity without any error. 😲 If the user does not end the loop manually, he can register arrivals for as many serial N° as he wants...

Thanks for your help! 

icon

Best answer by Dario Zani 22 April 2022, 09:37

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

There is a feedback item called TOTAL_SERIAL_NOS_IN_SESSION that could help your user to realize how many serials they have entered and exit the loop manually when necessary. But it is per session and not per PO so it will not be able distinguish serials from different PO’s in the same session.

What should be included inside the loop and what should be outside (before or after) the loop, depends on what values will be unique for 1 or more loop laps, everything that will always be the same can be outside the loop(s) generally.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

There is also now a loop counter option (Display Loop Count) that you can enable for your loop, to give a hint on which loop lap number you are on at the moment.

Badge +3

Thanks Dario Zani for your answers.

I use the loop counter, it helps!

Howerver, I wonder how to make the loop end automatically when the total quantity to be received on the purchase order line is reached.

any idea?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

No, there was no good way for us to have automatically exiting the loops since the system is built up to to be very generic and the configuration possibilities are endless so it would be impossible for us to foresee and code for every possible scenario. So normally when using this type of internal loop (with loop start/end) it is intended that the user manually exit the loop.

There are some other possibilities but I don’t think Register Arrival have been coded to support those.

Like letting the system auto-pick each record, then maybe in some certain scenarios it could automatically exit the loop but that would only work under some very specific scenarios, but most probably you might still have to exit manually. Register Arrival have not been coded for that since it requires us to code something we call fake consumption so previous lines/records will be filtered out, some picking and counting processes with clear record keys have been code in this way, but not Register Arrival.

There is also another way of looping by using the subsequent functionality or process linking that some people call it, where you handle one record and then commit and a new session starts with some parameters sent over from previous one (like pick list no) until you are finished with all the records. This is normally a better way to handle loops especially from a performance perspective plus already handled records will be filtered out from LOVs. But for Register Arrival that is not optimal since then you will get a new Receipt after each record commit, when you most of the time want them to be saved on the same Receipt (which is not possible at the moment with this kind of looping, we cannot send over the new Receipt between the sessions since Receipt is not a data item).