Question

WADACO for Report Picking HU on shipments

• 17 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

We are currently working to refine our shipment process by including bar codes on containers (boxes) with the handling unit number.  To expedite our process, we would like to be able to scan the shipment ID or Pick List No. from the pick list then proceed to scan each HU label to pick each one.  We prefer to not have to follow the pick list or shipment lines to do so.  Has anyone attempted to do this using the REPORT_PICKING_HU configuration?   We are open to suggestions just looking for a quicker way to accomplish the picking for a shipment.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Donna V ,

you didn’t specify the IFS version you’re working with, but anyhow, if you have configurations REPORT_PICKING_HU, REPORT_PICKING_SHIPMENT_HU and /or PICK_HU available you can try which works best for you.

Br,

Mikko

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thank you I will see if we have any of those.  We are in Apps 10 not sure on update#  we are testing update 18 now.  Thank you, I will keep you posted.

Donna

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You will only find the one for Customer Order picking in apps10. The other one connected other kinds of shipment orders Mikko mentioned is only in Cloud releases.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thank you for the quick reply.  When you say cloud do you mean Aurena?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Thank you for the quick reply.  When you say cloud do you mean Aurena?

No since Aurena client exist in apps10 also. I mean IFS Cloud 21R1, 21R2, 22R1, 22R2, 23R1 and the upcoming 23R2 etc, the releases that came after IFS applications 10.

Badge +4

How far did you get with this ?

We are currently investigating the Report_Picking_Part configuration with the RES_HANDLING_UNIT higher in the input order than Part_No, Line_No etc. with Automatic Value set to Fixed.

It looks like it has the potential to reduce the steps to scanning the Handling Unit and the Shipment Handling Unit ID, then saving.

Early days though :-)