Solved

WaDaCo Barcode reading wronf fields

• 24 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Dear Team,

When using WaDaCo barcoade ability to ready data from barcodes generated by the system it doesnt fetch the right data. For the example below I was trying to search for an inventory part (2020-1) but when I read the barcaose it shows the part ID as (202030) which is the Barcode ID.  I don’t know what is the reason behind it or why it is not fetching the right data from the barcode. If anyone has incounter this issure please assist.

kind regards,

Mustafa Al Riyami

icon

Best answer by Dario Zani 25 April 2022, 09:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The Find Inventory process don’t have support for Inventory Part barcode labels, it only have support regular barcodes or GS1.

So scanning a inventory part barcode label into the part no field will never work, even in a process that supports inventory part barcode, you scan that value into barcode id field if you want to use it, then the system will fetch the other values from it.

I guess the reason is since inventory part barcode points to a inventory part in stock record more or less that it was not necessary in a process with only part or location.

Badge +1

Hi Dario,

Many thanks for the swift response. Is there is a way we change the field then from Part ID to be Location ID then in this case.

What you are saying is making sense but how we can fix this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Not sure how switching the place of part and location would solve your issue, but changing the order of items in a configuration you do from the data collection configuration window, but you cannot change the order of items in the template configuration (configuration id = 1), you have to copy that configuration to a new one to be able to change stuff like that.

As I said before you cannot use our IFS inventory part barcode for that process, you have to use another barcode if you want to scan a value into part or location, other ways you just enter it manually or use the List.