Question

Split Transport Task Picked/Executed

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 554 replies

Community,

we have different team doing transport task pick and execute, thus, we need to split WADACO ‘Process Transport Task’ by status 

1. Picked
  2. Executed

we have configured the process to auto submit ‘Pick’ for pick team, and ‘Execute’ for execution team in process PROCESS_TRANSPORT_TASK_PART data item id ‘ACTION’.

now we have a problem, the WADACO PROCESS_TRANSPORT_TASK_PART cannot prompt the job by splitting the ACTION code, in other words, the PICK team can also be prompted to execution team. see below screenshot, the pick team can see the transport task job on their handheld. how to split the function ?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I’m sorry not sure I understand the problem exactly, can’t you auto prompt by setting Use Fixed value for both Action and Transport Task Status data items if you want the configurations to only work with of the the types?

Maybe show the configurations for more info.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Dario, thank you for your reply.

I have 2 configurations for transport task. one is Pick, the other one is Execute. it is intended work for different team, user id in these 2 processes are different, so Pick team will not see the Execute process, vice versa.

in Pick process, Pick action is submitted by automatically. this team simply scan the from location and part no, qty, then the transport task is completed by status PICKED.

Below is the configuration for EXECUTE. ACTION is defaulted with Execute.

now the problem is, if the transport task is picked by picking team, we are expecting the picking team should not be able to see the transport task status are picked (basically the transport task picked should be passed down to execution team which is in another building). but in current APP10, looks like we cannot split PICK and EXECUTE, pick team is also able to see the task that are picked and prompted immediately after they open WADACO. see below example. Transport task 4598 line 1 is picked by team, status Picked, but it still appear on the panel after they open WADACO. We are expecting pick team only see the task status Created, execute team can only see the task status Picked after they open the WADACO interface. how to make this happen? thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Unfortunately you don’t show your settings for the data item Transport Task Status which was part of the point I was trying to say. You could use that data item to filter which transport tasks each team could see if you used it wisely.

Like put it first in the configuration before Transport Task ID, then either use the LOV to select the Status you want o use or even set it to a fixed value in the configuration, like status Created for Picking team and status Picked for Execution team.

Since just setting the Action data item to a fixed value will not filter or split the transport task in the way you want.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Dario Zani Thank you for your reply.

I like your word ‘filter’. but not sure how to use the data item to work as a filter.

i will check with you later.

Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

80-90% of data items in a process can normally be used as a “filter” if you would like to focus on some specific detail in the flow. That is one the reason why you can change the order of the data items in the configuration (other reason is you might want to enter the items in a certain order that is different to how the template configuration have them). 

Like in your example you want 1 configuration to only handle transport tasks in a certain status, then you put status before transport task id so you filter the possible transport tasks to only show you the ones in the state you are looking for.

The downside could be that it could initially be a bit slower since the data item you put in the beginning might not be part of the key or be part of an oracle index for that data source.

You have to play around a bit with your configuration and the settings to find something that is optimal for your need.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Dario Zani Wonderful. thank you for your advise.

let me play around.