Skip to main content
Question

Scan IT (WADACO) with page designer

• 24 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi,

Do you know if it is possible to use page designer to change the look on WADACO (Scan It) devices? When I try to activate the page designer, get thrown with this error.

TIA

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@athasanka Scan It works quite differently to MWO apps, so I wouldn’t expect Page Designer to work well with Scan It. In addition, Scan It has other configuration options that are accessible from elsewhere.

Can you share what you want to achieve? There could be other ways to achieve the same result.

Thanks,

Rukmal

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

hey Rukmal,

I managed to get some changes pushed with page designer after clicking okay to the error message. It was a bit trial and error as I couldn’t see what changes get applied without initializing the devices. Now mainly trying to get these lines to show as one line and not split into two. Plus reduce the row height so the users can see more info without having to always scroll.

Interestingly, the same appears differently on a separate device (Samsung A32) where it shows the info within the same line. The screen sizes are pretty much the same, though not sure why the first device shows as multi-line. In real WADACO devices (Zebra) the screen is like in the first device.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@athasanka Page Designer doesn’t really have a way to change the height of these cards. The rowheight is determined at runtime based on a few things like the actual screen size as well as the pixel density, which is why you’re seeing a difference. Your A32 for example has 441 pixels per inch (PPI) which is rather dense. Will flag to WADACO team for any input on tweaking card content.

Best regards,

Rukmal

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@athasanka Page Designer doesn’t really have a way to change the height of these cards. The rowheight is determined at runtime based on a few things like the actual screen size as well as the pixel density, which is why you’re seeing a difference. Your A32 for example has 441 pixels per inch (PPI) which is rather dense. Will flag to WADACO team for any input on tweaking card content.

Best regards,

Rukmal

Thanks, Rukmal. I’ve got it to read in the same line and not spill over to multiple lines with a custom field. Agree, hopefully the line height will be fixed in the future version as it is taking too much real estate on a smaller screens.