Question on CDC (Change Data Capture) on IFS Database

• 1 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

We are looking for better alternatives to capturing changes from IFS so that we can have our data warehouse refreshed more frequently and with less load on our Oracle server.
Looking for any suggestions that what we can use here.

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Not sure what you are looking for here, is it alternatives to using wadaco/scanit? We have partners like Novacura and Ceday Bay that have their own alternatives.

Are you looking for something that refresh the warehouse more frequently than an online solution like wadaco, seems a bit odd? 

If you were looking for something that do less frequent updates to the database that would be some kind of offline or semi-offline solution, that would perhaps make more sense, since you cannot get more frequent updates to the warehouse then an online solution like wadaco.

Plus your goals ‘warehouse refreshed more frequently’ and ‘with less load on our Oracle server’ seems a bit on the opposite ends of each other.

Badge

Not sure what you are looking for here, is it alternatives to using wadaco/scanit? We have partners like Novacura and Ceday Bay that have their own alternatives.

Are you looking for something that refresh the warehouse more frequently than an online solution like wadaco, seems a bit odd? 

If you were looking for something that do less frequent updates to the database that would be some kind of offline or semi-offline solution, that would perhaps make more sense, since you cannot get more frequent updates to the warehouse then an online solution like wadaco.

Plus your goals ‘warehouse refreshed more frequently’ and ‘with less load on our Oracle server’ seems a bit on the opposite ends of each other.

We are referring to a Data Warehouse not a warehouse

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Ok sorry my bad, i thought you meant warehouse data.

Badge +4

One way is to create a lot of Custom Events or Workflows, but I would want to find a better solution than that. Doesn’t the Oracle DB have some CDC functionality that could be used? Is something like that available with managed cloud?

(Btw. this topic should be moved from the Wadaco forum to a technical one)