Question

Printing all shipment handling unit labels at once - Apps9

• 21 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

All,

We often have to play with the pallet configuration of shipments so often don’t print out box or pallet labels until we have got the shipment correct in IFS.

I’m wanting to use the IFS report to print the handling unit labels however I can only print one label at a time (even if multiple lines selected the print processes is individual) and this just isn’t a practical way to work.

Is there a way to print all handling unit labels in one go?

Sarah

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Is this really about warehouse data collection or is it a general supply chain question? Feels like you might have posted this in the wrong section.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@sholmes for one of the customers I worked in the past, IFS did a modification to allow to print the HU Label in bulk. There’s no way to manage this through setup.

One option would be to have an event that when the 1st HU label is printed manually, you define a cursor to select all the HUs from that shipment and invoke the print HU function. If needed you could create a Custom Field at shipment level → Print Batch HU so that in the event you could have some logic to control when all HU labels need to be printed vs when only 1 label will be printed.