Solved

Material Barcode

• 29 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

How do i set the barcorde ID (1st row) the same as Material ID (2nd row)? I need those to be the same so i can issue the material via WADACO. 

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Dario Zani 30 November 2023, 10:23

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I’m guessing this it the Inventory Part Barcode Analysis page. Not sure what you are asking for here. You have 3 barcodes for the same part there, which is fully possible since you can generate a new barcode for the exact same part or stock record how many times you want. Note that the barcode holds all the values on that line so you could get serial number, lot batch number, configuration id etc out from the barcode also if you like.

So you can use any of those Barcode to issue your UG001078 part in wadaco, if they all point to the same stock record also, other ways you should use the one that matches the stock record you want to issue.

As you can see you can have several barcodes for the same part.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Since it so unclear what you want here, feels like something is ‘lost in the translation’. You ask how the first lines barcode could include second lines part, but both lines have the same part so what does it matter which barcode you use?

I hope you know how you can generate this barcodes?

It can be done from several places but the one I mostly use is doing it from the Inventory Part In Stock page and choose Print Barcode Labels option. I don’t remember from which other places you print/generate this barcode. 

Badge +2

Since it so unclear what you want here, feels like something is ‘lost in the translation’. You ask how the first lines barcode could include second lines part, but both lines have the same part so what does it matter which barcode you use?

It can be done from several places but the one I mostly use is doing it from the Inventory Part In Stock page and choose Print Barcode Labels option. I don’t remember from which other places you print/generate this barcode. 

Hi Dario!

The 3 barcodes for the same Part is because we are testing and trying to find a way to use 😅

How did we point the barcode part to the stock record?

We recently implemented WADACO and are using it with Scan It for IFS App 10, simoutaneously we are setting the barcodes for every item in our warehouse.  
In ScanIt, when i want to make, per example, a Move Inventory Part, it firstly asks for the Inventory Location and we can Print via IFS Apps 10

The barcode printed literally is ‘1AAA02’.

In the next step, Scan It asks for the Part No, but when we use the printed barcode via ‘Inventory Part In Stock’ the barcode holds the information of Bar Code ID instead of the Part No

which in Scan It, after the barcode being scanned it says that ‘The Part Catalog does not exist’

Barcode is ‘366’ instead of ‘UG001078’

So we need that the Bar Code ID be exactly the same as Part No. so we can locate on Scan It IFS Apps 10 
or a way that when the ‘366’ got scanned, Scan It knows that references the Part No UG001078.

Thanks again for your support.

Badge +2

Sorry for the misspelling. I was referring for the column, not the row

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @eduardo.sm 

Ok now I see the problem that you have not understood how the inventory part barcode works, the barcode itself holds the barcode ID that you can see in the inventory part barcode analysis, from that ID we try and fetch PART_NO and the other stock items like SERIAL_NO, LOT_BATCH_NO etc. So you are not suppose to scan that BARCODE into the PART_NO data item, that type of Barcode is suppose to be scanned into the BARCODE_ID data item that you have in the end of your configuration. So to use that BARCODE_ID data item you have to move it up so it is before all the items you expect to fetch from that barcode and make sure you change that items Use Fixed Value ‘Always’ to ‘Never’ and then you have to make sure that all items you want to fetch from that barcode have the setting Use Automatic Values ‘Fixed’ so you let the system fetch those values from that Barcode record you can see in Inventory Part Barcode Analysis page. That is how that type of barcode works in wadaco/scanit.

Here is an example how you can set it up.

But please note there is several other ways you can handle barcodes with wadaco.

Seems like in your case you are mostly interested in having a separate barcode for the part, then you can always create your own part barcode with any tool or web page were you can create barcodes and THEN you can scan that Barcode directly in the PART_NO data item (as long as the barcode string only holds the Part Number). You can do that with any item you want.

There is also GS1 barcode standard here that you could use, technically it is similar to the BARCODE_ID solution, you have some GS1_BARCODE data items you can use and move up in the configuration and “connect” to different items and than you make sure that those items have similar setting as above so the system will try and fetch the value from the GS1 barcode (check documentation or the online help texts for more info how to setup GS1 barcodes).

See similar questions below: