Question

Logic within a transport task.

• 13 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

In our current flow, we move reserved parts from the stock to a pre-production location using WaDaCo. We take all reserved parts for a shop order, and combine them into a transport task to move them from the warehouse into the production area (but we don’t issue yet, just move).

However, we don’t have any logic in this.

The transport task is sorted using Source ref 1, which is the line number from the the Shop order.

But if we need part A from location AB01 for the first line, and the third line asks for this part again, the operator will first be directed to location AB01, for the second line to another location, and for the the third line again to location AB01.

Any idea how to optimise this?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

What I can see is that this process have 2 different built in sorting, one is if its connected/linked to the Start Transport Task process (sorts on status, from location, handling unit and line no) and one if you have the process standalone then it have no real built in sorting, it only sort the LOV item you have opened. 

I’m guessing you could try and remove its link to Start Transport Task to get a different sorting if that is possible.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Dario,

thanks!

I can’t follow, am I able to adjust the sorting method for future transport tasks? If so, how?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Dario,

thanks!

I can’t follow, am I able to adjust the sorting method for future transport tasks? If so, how?

Yes perhaps, but you cannot start from Start Transport Task you have to start the ‘Process Part on Transport Task’ directly from the menu, then you will not get the hardcode sorting you get when you start it from Start Transport Task (which I guess is how you do it now since you say you have a line no sorting), you could then maybe move around the items in the configuration and have location after transport task id if you want the location to control in which order you pick the lines.

Not sure if that will help you, but at least you will not get the hardcoded sorting this process have if it comes after Start Transport Task.