Question

IFS scan IT - application closing for no reason

• 3 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Guys,

We recently installed IFS Scan IT into our Zebra TC72x, everything run OK till for no reason the application begin to close in the middle of the transactions. I uninstalled and installed everything again, today I’ve been told that Scan IT begun to have the same behaviour again. Does anyone already have the same problem? 
Scan IT: 23.5.xxx

IFS cloud: 23.1.5

Zebra TC72x: android 11 (not really sure)

thanks,

gianni Neves

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @gianni.neves, we’ve heard of a similar issue from one other customer, but we’ve found it difficult to investigate it properly as we have not been able to recreate it in-house. Could you report a Support Ticket and ask your support contacts to expedite it to the Mobile Framework team please, so that we could take a look?

Any additional information you can share is likely to help us a lot, for example:

1. please include the Device Logs (Settings > Send Device Logs)
  2. if you can, please try to get the logcat output as well
  3. have you seen any patterns in where it crashes? e.g.: is it the same screen or action?
  4. do you have any lists with large amounts of data, and are the crashes associated with those?
  5. do your devices have internet access or are they on a completely isolated intranet?
  6. how many users do you have? do they all see the crashes or only some? if not everyone, what is different about those who see the crash and the others?
  7. you mentioned that it all worked okay for a while. What changed around the time that you started to see crashes? Any IFS Cloud updates, Scan It updates, Android updates etc?
  8. is your backend accessible by R&D for investigations? i.e.: can we connect to your backend and try to recreate the issue?

Thanks,

Rukmal

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@gianni.neves following up on this, do you still experience the issue, and if so, have you been able to report it? Please do remember to also include the additional information I pointed out above.

We’ve also identified a couple of areas that could contribute to this sort of behaviour in certain environments and are working on some candidate fixes. If you can send us a Support Ticket, we can work together to try out a pre-release version to see how it behaves in your environments.

Thanks,

Rukmal

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Rukmal Fernando,

I did not open a ticket yet. I made a couple of ajustaments and I am waiting the results. Just one pattern I’ve seen till now is that the application crashes after a week, whenever we have a lot of transactions or not.

The last changes I made, seems stands more than one week, but I still waiting from users give their feedback.

One change made, before the device was in a completely isolated intranet and we change to give them access to internet.

Thanks,

Gianni Neves

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@gianni.neves following up on this, do you still experience the issue, and if so, have you been able to report it? Please do remember to also include the additional information I pointed out above.

We’ve also identified a couple of areas that could contribute to this sort of behaviour in certain environments and are working on some candidate fixes. If you can send us a Support Ticket, we can work together to try out a pre-release version to see how it behaves in your environments.

Thanks,

Rukmal

Hi Rukmal,

Just to let you know, that after the last release of ScanIT, the problem seems to be fixed. I am traveling next week to our facility and I will be able to confirm everything. Meanwhile, I have 2 questions:

1. Anyway do configure a enter key stroke after scan? It is hard to press SALVE everytime (for  a shop order with 300 items for example).
  2. Has IFS think to make available a function “add material to a shop order”?

Thanks,

Gianni neves

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@gianni.neves Happy to hear, and I hope your extended testing goes just as smoothly!

I’m not quite the right person for your two questions however. @Dario Zani do you have any suggestions on the two questions above please?

Thanks,

Rukmal

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @gianni.neves 

1. There is several ways of handling this, either configure your scanner to add Enter/Carriage Return after each barcode it scans (check your device settings for that, most scanners should be able to handle settings like that), or there is apps to handle that like DataWedge or others, or see if you can add Enter/Carriage Return in the end of the barcode string it self on the barcode.
  2. I have no Idea.

https://supportcommunity.zebra.com/s/article/DataWedge-for-Android-Send-Enter-or-Tab-after-scanning?language=en_US