Question

Download of the IFS Account Manager 9

• 26 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I'm trying to download IFS Account Manager 9 on a smartphone running Android 10, but a message appears in the Play Store that the application is only available for older Android devices.

After this message, I installed IFS Account Manager 10, but it didn't work either, because the customer is not a user of that IFS version.

In this case, the only alternative is to upgrade from IFS Applications 9 to IFS Applications 10 or is there any other alternative?

I ask because on this smartphone it was possible to install IFS Scan IT 8 & 9 as well as IFS Barcode Scanner 9.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @jorobr,

Believe this is to do with requirements that Google have put in place for the play store that means the older versions of the IFS app now use elements that are outdated as far as Google is concerned and cannot be put through their store. Specifically I believe this the API requirements. see https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/11926878?sjid=11412681666151069543-EU for reference.

A newer version would be required. I believe R&D are working on this but any solution would be required to be in a new update and so an upgrade would still be needed.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @jorobr, the response that @Lee Pinchbeck gave is correct, it is indeed because of the Google Play Store’s policy decision. Even then, if the Google account on a device has previously been used to install IFS Account Manager 9 in the past, you can still install IFS Account Manager 9 on such a device. In other words, Google Play Store disallows first-time installs of IFS Account Manager 9 on Android 10 and higher versions. This also probably explains how you were able to install IFS Scan It 8 & 9 and IFS Barcode Scanner 9, as you most likely had used the same Google account on a previous occasion to install those apps.

The most important point to note however is that this only impacts what you can do from the Google Play Store. You can sideload the APK file for IFS Account Manager 9 directly to the device, and we believe that you should still be able to roll it out to devices using an MDM as well.

The APK file for IFS Account Manager 9 is available on the Archive, so please reach out to your Support Representative to create a Support Ticket, and you should be able to get the APK file and then sideload to your device.

Best regards,

Rukmal