Question

Text translation issue in ifs10?

• 22 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Community,

I am facing an issue with my order report text .

I translated a few columns in another language in the Text translation page with respected language. And refresh cache also in Used language.

Also mapping Report Font in these screens and then refreshing cache …

When I see my preview of my order report then it is still shown like  ###### translated columns.

Pls see below screenshot.

I also installed the font in the TTF and XML folder of report designer path location under the font folder.

execute run time script also.

But still getting the below issue.

Please let me know if I missed any steps.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It can be either two things .

1.A given font is not able print a character

If IFS shipped fronts are unable to print the required characters  all we can do is to find a font which is capable, purchase the font and install it to the customer

As a test you could create a simple layout and try to preview  data without any layout formatting, then we can see if the font is capable of showing the characters.

2.layout text position issue

If the layout container is not enough you will have to re format the layout to accommodate the customers data.

Hi you can Try several things..

• Increasing the size of the text box in the report layout
  • Selecting another font type
  • Checking the REPORT_FONT_DEFINITION_TAB clob and checking the availability inside the database.
  • EX -

usually it becomes squares if the font is not properly taken. But there have been instances with the hashtag as well

If you can attach a sample PDF I can provide more info :blush:

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Chamaka Wimalarathne 

Your information is valuable for us.

Whenever I translate a particular column name of the table of the Order Report (In Text Translation) , the  report preview shows the whole contents in the order report except the column name which I want translated.

I tried to change the font name mapping in the Report font screen , but still get the whole contents translated except whatever I want translated from my column name….its shown like ######. I increased the size of the column in the report designer but still have the same issue.

Kindly assist us .

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Arash Kindly attach an output PDF which has the issue . 
also mention the font you used.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Pls find the attached file.

I am converting English to Hindi Language .

Text translation 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Adarsh The font that you have used is KurtiDev010 . 

and it has been used properly . if you have used the mapping properly , the issue seems to be a bit complex to investigate . To further investigate this , you need to report this as a case to IFS . 

the points that should be checked are ,

the report layout , output excel and REPORT_FONT_DEFINITION_TAB clob 

Regards,

Chamaka

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Chamaka Wimalarathne  ,Thank you your quick response.

But still get  same issue.

Please let me know that i add font (KurtiDevi010) in report designers , but its not added..

And under font section not shown any new add font.

Its shown in IFS application as well as Report designers tab also.

Pls let me know that how can resolve ours issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Adarsh ,

Due to the complexity of the issue to continue the investigation of the particular issue  you might need to send a case to IFS :slight_smile: .

as I said earlier we need to check in several aspects .