ORDER OF Logical UNITS

• 22 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello ALL 

We are working on a migration ERP TO IFS , and we have to migrate our tables to IFS  . For example for suppliers , we shoud migrate all the informations we have in the actual ERP into all the tabs on IFS and the under tabs. But i don’t know the order of logical units to follow to migrate infomations for suppliers ? please someone  knows how we can get the order of migration of the logical units ? :  The first one we shouls start with , the second , third . . . , because informations are linked.

Thank you so much.

4 replies

Badge +2

Hi Fatima,

May I ask if you’ve looked at the standard migration  toolkit and the specific job migrate_supplier? I’m not sure which version of IFS you have (assuming 10) but on 9, the order in that job is:

Supplier_info

Supplier_info_address

Supplier_info_address_type ….. repeated for however many you need

Supplier_Address

Supplier_info_VAT

Supplier_document_tax_info

Identity_invoice_info

Supplier

Identity_pay_info

Payment_way_per_identity

Payment_address

Obviously you can go on further with other tabs but TBH and for the most part, the sub-tabs and sub-sub tabs can be imported in any sequence as long as you start at the top and work down through them.

Hope this helps…

Matt

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello Matt 

First thanks for your quick answer. 

What is ‘standard migration  toolkit’ ? , it is an IFS migration TOOL ? and what is migrate_supplier job ? 

We are using ARMONY DATA tool ( for migration) , do you think we should use IFS data migration tool in order to know the order of logical unit to migrate ? 

Thank you.

For information i’m using IFS APPLICATION 10 . 

Badge +2

Hi,

When we took on IFS, they provided me with a zip file full of migration jobs and some basic training material to use in the ‘migration jobs’ navigator item. The migration tool is built into Apps9 and I’m pretty sure it’s not gone in 10 so just search in the navigator for ‘Migration Jobs’ and populate to see if you have any. If not, the zip file containing the migration toolkit can be obtained from IFS support direct and there shouldn’t be much argument in obtaining it. It’s not the greatest tool out there and if you know a bit about Oracle PSQL, there’s probably better ways to write the scripts yourself but it’s pretty simple to migrate any table using the migration jobs functions and if you dig into the detail of the standard toolkit, you can quite easily write really complex migration jobs that can then be automated to create your own interfaces to external systems (apart from Fixed Assets which are a dark art!!!). 

Kind regards,

Matt

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey

Actually we have a test environnement , i looked for migration jobs , but it’s not populated . Can you show me some examples please of data mig functions ? 

Thank you