Question

IFS Cloud installation from Management Server

• 18 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

We have prepared MW server from management server. DB prepare scripts executed well. but got failed by below step

echo INFO: Running helm upgrade
helm upgrade --install ifs-cloud %chart% %chartVersion% %helmConfigFlag% --debug --timeout 1m --namespace %namespace% %helmArgs%

above process failed, we got error 

SEVERE: UPGRADE FAILED: post-upgrade hooks failed: timed out waiting for the condition
SEVERE: Failed to install ifs-cloud - helm upgrade
SEVERE: Failed to install ifs-cloud. Collected logs from command:

kindly pl advise what to check and how to resolve the issue.

Thanks

4 replies

Badge +3

We have prepared MW server from management server. DB prepare scripts executed well. but got failed by below step

echo INFO: Running helm upgrade
helm upgrade --install ifs-cloud %chart% %chartVersion% %helmConfigFlag% --debug --timeout 1m --namespace %namespace% %helmArgs%

above process failed, we got error 

SEVERE: UPGRADE FAILED: post-upgrade hooks failed: timed out waiting for the condition
SEVERE: Failed to install ifs-cloud - helm upgrade
SEVERE: Failed to install ifs-cloud. Collected logs from command:

The installation operation end with the below error message

helm.go:94: [debug] failed post-install: job failed: BackoffLimitExceeded

kindly pl advise what to check and how to resolve the issue.

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @NareshSonavane ,
Do check the resources at Linux server (middleware server).
Try increasing the CPU and RAM of Linux or in ifs-cloud.yaml use scale as 10 if its DEV environment.
In my case increasing the resources helped me solve the issue.

With scale 10, 14 CPU and 24 GB RAM minimum worked for me.

Thanks,
Hardik

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Guys

I am getting the same issues as above with my IFS Cloud installation. I don’t have a huge amount of middleware resource. 

I have tried adjusting the scale setting in the YAML file but this hasn’t resolved my issue. My server resource is only 4 vCPU and 16Gb RAM but that should be more than adequate for my needs. 

Cheers

Lee

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

We experienced this problem after running for almost a year with no resource problems.
We are using Scale:10 , but we still get this error when changing the certificate with the mtinstaller. The new certificate installs, but the installer waits for the 15min timeout and then gives this error failing installation. Everything still works, but how will it be for example with a delivery install…

So any new thoughts on what can cause this error?