Question

IFS Cloud Change in Procedure

• 4 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

We are upgrading from Apps9 to Cloud and have heavy integration with custom API’s for our WMS and Webstore.  One function that we use to receipt purchase order currently is Receive_Purchase_Order_API.Packed_Arrival__.  This no longer exists and I am unable to find an equivalent procedure to do this.  Does anyone happen to know what call I need to use?  I know that functionality is changing and converting to the new processes will be a 2nd phase project becuase of how much we have.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Between APP9 and APPS10 there was a rebuild of how receipts are made. The new way of doing receipts is generic so now you can receive more things than just Purchase Order Lines into receipt.

The equivalent method is this: Receive_Order_API.Packed_Arrival

However due to the generic changes the input looks a bit different. The keys to Purchase Order Line is not called ORDER_NO, LINE_NO etc. instead it is called SOURCE_REF1, SOURCE_REF2 etc. and a new thing called SOURCE_REF_TYPE_DB to determine that it is a purchase order receipt (That parameter shall have value “PURCHASE_ORDER” for a purchase order line receipt.).

Look at the code in this method and you get a hint about how it can be used:

Receive_Purchase_Order_API.Receive_Mro_No_Part_Lines__

The example is a non inventory receipt so it does not contain all things for a normal receipt into inventory but you see the changed key fields and qty columns.

If you want to see the possible parameters in the message I recommend: Receive_Order_API.Unpack_Arrival_Message___

Badge +3

Thank you for that information, it is helpful.  However, that looks to be receiving no part lines as the cursor is selecting from PURCHASE_ORDER_LINE_TAB where ROWTYPE = ‘PurchaseOrderLineNoPart’.  I am receiving purchase orders with ROWTYPE = ‘PurchaseOrderLinePart’.

Badge +3

Disregard, I missed your comment about non inventory receipt.  When I try an use the Receive_Order_API.Packed_Arrival I get an error stated that PACKED_ARRIVAL is not a procedure or is undefined.  I’m assuming because it’s a function.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Have you changed the parameter? It is not exactly the same as before + it now is a function instead of a procedure.

New method parameters + it now returns CLOB:

Badge +3

I changed the parameter and I get and that “The Purchase Receipt has already been removed by another user.”  That error is coming from RECEIVE_ORDER_API.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hard to say when I do not see what you send in. Have you set SOURCE_REF1, SOURCE_REF2  and SOURCE_REF3 with the keys from purchase order line?

Badge +3

I set all the SOURCE_REF fields with the PO data.  I had another procedure call that was causing that error.  I removed that and I did not receive an error, but the receipt was not created.