Question

IEE Lobby throws exception after applying UPD

• 18 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Upon applying our latest UPD delivery (UPD13-16), we now have a custom IEE lobby that throws an exception:

An Unhandled Exception has occurred ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format

How do I determine which lobby element is causing this error?

Here is the entire contents of the error as presented by IFS Enterprise Explorer (copy to clipboard)

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Explorer: An Unhandled Exception has occurred ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   at Ifs.Fnd.Data.FndNumberAttribute.Parse(String s)
   at Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.Extenders.CompositePages.ViewModel.ListViewModel.<RefreshElement>b__1(FndDataTable result)
   at Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.Extenders.CompositePages.DataBinding.SQLDataSource.<>c__DisplayClassa.<FetchData>b__2(FndDataTable table)
   at Ifs.Fnd.Feature.FndQueuedBackgroundWorker.SelectCallBackWrapper(Func`2 callBack, FndDataTable results)
   at Ifs.Fnd.Feature.FndQueuedBackgroundWorker.<>c__DisplayClass9.<InvokeSQLSelectCommand>b__5(FndDataTable table)
   at Ifs.Fnd.Feature.FndBackgroundWorker.<>c__DisplayClass1.<InvokeSQLSelectCommand>b__0(FndDataTable table)
   at Ifs.Fnd.Feature.FndBackgroundWorker.<>c__DisplayClass25`1.<BuildCallbackMethod>b__24()
   at Ifs.Fnd.Feature.FndBackgroundWorker.bw_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

We also got the same error so will follow this case.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

As it turns out, this was a poorly crafted lobby element, as the exception was a result of null values for two (2) of the three (3) criteria being evaluated in the “Condition” section of the data source for the lobby element. For us, the fix was to remove a line of data that had been entered incorrectly. I am not sure what changed as a result of the update, but the query should have been trapping errors to begin with. If anyone would like more detail on this issue, please let me know and I will post what I can.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We have also upgraded from UPD13 > UPD16 and have the same error in 3 of our custom Lobbies.
We have tried to make several changes without getting rid of the error message. We will try to create one them from scratch to see if the error is still there. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Same solution worked for us. The problem was null values in a couple of columns.

Example (changed on Data Source design)

(select cf$_PROJ_BUDGET from &AO.SN_PROJ_CO_BESLUTNINGSTAB_CLV WHERE CF$_PROJECT_ID = PROJECT.project_id AND cf$_status_db = 'ACTIVE')

change to…

(select nvl(cf$_PROJ_BUDGET,0) from &AO.SN_PROJ_CO_BESLUTNINGSTAB_CLV WHERE CF$_PROJECT_ID = PROJECT.project_id AND cf$_status_db = 'ACTIVE')

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

the same error message “Input string was not in a correct format” also appears in Lobby Element Designer when using a List Element based on a Datasource of type Cube, after adding a column of a measure, if the measure returns a null value and datasource has flag “Show items without data” activated.

when the flag is set to false, the error does not appear in the element designer anymore.

But, items without data will not show up in the result set.

data source designer - type cube
data source - preview (see null (empty) columns in measures)

error message, after saving the list element in designer