Question

Copying permission sets from APP9 to Aurena Cloud

• 19 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

We are upgrading from APP9 to Aurena cloud. We will set the same permissions we used in APP9.

Since the permission sets cannot be exported/imported from APP9 to Aurena we need to create totally new permission sets in Aurena. We will name the permission sets same way and use the same permission levels as in APP9. 

I compare the permission sets in APP9 and trying to set the same in Aurena.

How do I know when to set “Set All Read Only” or to “Set All Full” for the projection in Aurena?

Is there a way to see this in APP9 so I can set it the same way in Aurena?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Kenneth Gaddnas 

this isn’t possible because the permission set structure in Aurena is completely different.

You will get an error message if you try to import it. Many screens from IFS App 9 don’t exist in Aurena and vice versa. 

Therefore I recommend you to create all permission sets in Aurana again. This is the safest way. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Also the procedure of permission stets is completely different in Aurena.

You can manage the permissons by the navigator:

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Also the procedure of permission stets is completely different in Aurena.

You can manage the permissons by the navigator:

Hi, Thanks for rapid reply :) 

Yes this is what I try to accomplish. And I can set the permissions the same way as you show, but I don’t know when to choose Set All Read Only or Set All Full? How do I know what level the users needs for this projection, full or read only?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Kenneth Gaddnas 

you need to discuss it with all users which schould use this permission set. Because it isn’t your decision which permissions they need to work. We have to change our permission sets often because of changing or optimizing processes, new tasks, new departments etc.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Ok, thanks. We need of course test the Permission Sets anyway with the users so then we can adjust the settings. Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Another similar discussion, your question though is driving by the process needs, all of our permission sets are aligned to a process document.  If the function is in the process document, it has to be in the permission set.  If not in the document, it is excluded from the permission.  We have separate permission sets for the read only permissions outside of the users normal area.