Question

APPS9 UD17 D:\ifs_home\bin\repository\server\install_fndmws.xml:1413: IOException in D:\ifs\extsvr\ESNGDEV\bin\mws_patch.cmd - java.io.FileNotFoundException:D:\ifs\extsvr\ESNGDEV\bin\mws_patch.cmd (Access is denied)

• 24 February 2022
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

In applying the latest UD17 update I received this error during reconfiguration.

The file is not located in the bin folder as noted below.D:\ifs\extsvr\ESNGDEV\repository\server\install_fndmws.xml:1413: IOException in D:\ifs\extsvr\ESNGDEV\bin\mws_patch.cmd - java.io.FileNotFoundException:D:\ifs\extsvr\ESNGDEV\bin\mws_patch.cmd (Access is denied)

Also in review of the Oracle inventory I do not see any OracleHome references that I saw prior to the update. See below. The current oracle inventory shows   <SAVED_WITH>13.9.2.0.0</SAVED_WITH> while my older instances show   <SAVED_WITH>13.9.3.0.0</SAVED_WITH>

<?xml version = '1.0' encoding = 'UTF-8' standalone = 'yes'?>
<!-- Copyright (c) 1999, 2022, Oracle. All rights reserved. -->
<!-- Do not modify the contents of this file by hand. --><INVENTORY>
   <VERSION_INFO>
      <SAVED_WITH>13.9.2.0.0</SAVED_WITH>
      <MINIMUM_VER>2.1.0.6.0</MINIMUM_VER>
   </VERSION_INFO>
   <HOME_LIST>
      <HOME NAME="IFS_AS_20220216074031361" LOC="D:\ifs\extsvr\ESNGDEV/mw_home/mws" TYPE="O" IDX="3"/>
      <HOME NAME="IFS_OHS_20220216080325806" LOC="D:\ifs\extsvr\ESNGDEV/mw_home/http" TYPE="O" IDX="2"/>
      <HOME NAME="OUIPlaceHolderDummyHome1" LOC="D:\OraPlaceHolderDummyHome_1" TYPE="O" IDX="1" REMOVED="T"/>
   </HOME_LIST>
   <COMPOSITEHOME_LIST/>
</INVENTORY>

Is this new Oracle Inventory look correct?

I can login to the instance and see no errors, however need to know whether I can keep things as they are, apply a fix or rollback the update.

Background info:

I have 3 patches/builds I am performing due to a few issues I have had with UD17 updates applying.

Step 1 - Apply the initial UD17 patch to an existing UD14 instance - without wildcard SSL only the db updates, the middleware fails to start AS & MWS.

Step 2 - Shutdown the instance just patched. Recreate the same instance on a 2019 server using the UD17 database & apply the Wildcard SSL. Successful install - I did have to reboot the server since AS and MWS would not start after the install. Once rebooted - things worked as expected.

Step3. -Apply the final UD17 patch on the same instance as step2, leaving the wildcard SSL in place - 100% complete with the following errors.

D:\ifs\extsvr\ESNGDEV\repository\server\install_fndmws.xml:1413: IOException in D:\ifs\extsvr\ESNGDEV\bin\mws_patch.cmd - java.io.FileNotFoundException:D:\ifs\extsvr\ESNGDEV\bin\mws_patch.cmd (Access is denied)

Any recommendations as to how to get a clean reconfiguration without these errors?

Thank you

This topic has been closed for comments