Aggregating Change Management Prior to Updates - New IFS Developer

• 24 November 2023
  • 0 replies

Badge

Hello IFS Community,

I'm a new IFS Developer with a background in DEVOPS/ITOPS, currently working on transitioning our system from IFSAPPS10 version 7 to IFS AURENA, and eventually to IFS CLOUD. Recognizing the complexity of this journey, my immediate concern is finding the most effective method for tracking changes in IFS.

Our current challenge is the limited documentation of various IAL modifications, custom fields, triggers, etc., implemented to tailor the ERP system to our specific business needs. To address this, we've started exporting new changes as Application Packages. However, I'm looking for a more comprehensive solution.

Additionally, we've used IFS Developer to create and deploy several Logical Units (LUs) that address industry-specific requirements, providing us with more control over certain aspects of the code. We have previously received updates in the form of deliveries that have significantly upgraded and enhanced our product. This leads to another question: Is it feasible for us to create our own 'Deliveries' incorporating our custom code? Essentially, we're looking to streamline and standardize the process of integrating our tailored solutions into the broader IFS framework.

Is there a way to integrate objects created and exported with the IFS Package Manager and those developed with IFS Developer into a cohesive update package? Any insights or suggestions from the community would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your support and knowledge!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!