Question

TimeTracker 2.1.9 - Configuration Page is Empty

Hello IFS Community: 

As you can see in the below print screen, we have enabled Time Tracker 2.1.9. But the strange thing is, when we click the Configure link, the page that gets loaded is empty. Is that normal? Is there an explanation to it? 

Side note - Our field technicians are using the IFS Time Tracker 9 iOS version without any problem and the data transfer is happening without any issues between IFS and mobile devices. 

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

This is not normal you should get the configuration up. Can you please to test in another browser, to see if it is empty there as well.

Regards

Johan

Thanks Johan. 

Just now I tried Internet Explorer and I got same results. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I will check internally with some of my collegues to see if they know right away what it can be.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Quick thought: Are you sure that it the correct app version for Apps9?  If you try to download and use the wrong version (e.g. one for Apps10 in an Apps9 touchapp server) then it can act unexpectedly.  In our App9 environment which we are currently testing we’re using 1.21 client app version so it makes me wonder if the 2.x version you have  on your server is intended for Apps10.

Nick

Thank you Johan and Nick. 

We identified a BUG in the IFS Time Tracker 9 in 2021 February. If I am not mistaken, IFS Support released Time Tracker 9 version: 2.1.9.64 which fixed the BUG which we reported. Also gave us below instructions. (ref case id: G2227021)

=======================================================================

Cloud resource for IFS Time Tracker 9 version 2.1.9.64 has been released and deployed in the IFS Cloud.

Now you can use the existing version and please do the below configuration in TAS.

1. Go to TAS environment

2. Select configure in system ID

3. Deploy META data related to  Time Tracker 2.1.9

4. Validate META data

5. Finally,  tick  the Time Tracker 2.1.9

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

FWIW, if you are cloud hosting your touchapps then it should indeed be the right version.  We host ours on-prem so there is always a risk of using the wrong version, hence my initial thought.

FWIW, if you are cloud hosting your touchapps then it should indeed be the right version.  We host ours on-prem so there is always a risk of using the wrong version, hence my initial thought.

Appreciate your help, Nick. 

I will check internally with some of my colleagues to see if they know right away what it can be.

Johan: 

Thanks again for your help. Just FYI, I entered the case G2256973 since you categorized this as a possible error. 

Badge +1

Hi,

This is expected because there are no configurations for Time Tracker in that version, that is why the page is blank. You only need to deploy and validate metadata.

Regards,

Tinashe

Hi,

This is expected because there are no configurations for Time Tracker in that version, that is why the page is blank. You only need to deploy and validate metadata.

Regards,

Tinashe

Thank you for the reply Tinashe. I am also waiting for a reply from IFS support regarding this.