Solved

SQL Statement does not match the selected QuickReport

• 16 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello,

I have an application-server-task setup for job-type = ‘QuickReport’.

I select the QuickReport I need, but the system incorrectly specifies the SQL statement, i.e. SQL statement does not match the selected report. I have to go through all the reports and look for the correct SQL statement. 

1.Please tell me how to fix this or maybe the IFS has already released a patch to solve this problem?

2.I created the Schedule for this task and then receive the email message, but I don’t know why the application message is in ‘Waiting’ status even though the message has already been delivered and the message was sent repeatedly, but the status never changed.

What setting should be done so that the answer comes and the status changes to ‘Finished’?

I would like to note that the system sends messages triggered by events and there the message receives the completed status ‘Finished’.

Thanks and best regards,

Anastassia

icon

Best answer by Imal Thiunuwan 16 June 2021, 17:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @Anastassia.Efimova,

1.  Could you please let us know the Application version and the current UPD level you are in? If you have an APPS9 environment, the reported wrong sql query selection issue has been resolved via the Bug ID: 145847 delivered via UPD14. (In APPS10 this fix was delivered via UPD4).
  1. For your second question, could you please restart the batch queues and check again?

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

2.I created the Schedule for this task and then receive the email message, but I don’t know why the application message is in ‘Waiting’ status even though the message has already been delivered and the message was sent repeatedly, but the status never changed.

What setting should be done so that the answer comes and the status changes to ‘Finished’?

I would like to note that the system sends messages triggered by events and there the message receives the completed status ‘Finished’.

Thanks and best regards,

Anastassia

Hi @Anastassia.Efimova,

Regarding your 2nd question, if you have set a recurring schedule such as weekly or daily for your application server task, then the ‘Waiting’ state is correct. If the schedule does not have a recurring pattern, then the Application Server Task will go to Finished or Suspended state and it cannot be rescheduled again at a later time. Therefore in fact it is preferred to specify only recurring patterns for Scheduled Quick Reports.

This is mentioned in Foundation1 documentation as well. You can find it at the bottom of following document:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/255_br_and_a/005_adhoc_reporting/030_scheduled_quickreports/default.htm

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Imal Thiunuwan, we have the IFS Applications 9 UPD13 version. If I understand correctly, then in order to get the update we need to contact our service manager.
Is it possible to see a complete list of bugs that are included in UPD14 and list of all available updates?

@Charith Epitawatta, thanks for the clarification and for bringing this to my attention.

@Imal Thiunuwan , @Charith Epitawatta thank you for your help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @Anastassia.Efimova,

If you have plans to upgrade in to a higher UPD level, the recommendation from our Product Development team is to take the latest UPD currently available which is UPD18. Please find the attached document which includes the changes available in the UPD18.

Kindly note that UPD deliveries are cumulative. Therefore, if you take the latest UPD, it will include all the changes up to the latest UPD level (UPD18).

Cheers! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you, @Imal Thiunuwan