Solved

Query Builder spinning

• 20 November 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 13 replies

Anyone have an idea why query builder would be just spinning.  How would I fix this?  This is on IFS10 UPD8

icon

Best answer by astark 11 March 2021, 20:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@astark Did you get this resolved?  If so, what was the resolution?

Thank you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@johnw66  No, I had to reach out to IFS support.  I will update this thread when I get a resolution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@astark Thank you for your reply.  We are also on IFS Apps10 Update 8.

Hope you have a good Christmas.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@astark I have just logged a support call as well and will update when I hear anything.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Great, that should help show that this is just not an isolated issue.  What oracle version are you on?  We are on 19c. 

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@astark Was this ever resolved? We are having the same exact issue, on IFS10 UPD10.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @ChaMylesC ,

Unfortunately no, IFS is having a hard time figuring it out.  They think it might be due to an Oracle version issue (we are on 19c) so I don't know what you are running but I would definitely put up a ticket and you can reference our ticket number G2223598 so they know there is another customer with the same issue.

Hopefully with more customers experiencing the problem a resolution can be reached.  We just upgraded to IFS10 UPD10 as well.

Anne

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you for the quick response Anne!

I will be sure to bring this up with my team today, and try to get another ticket with IFS open.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @astark,

Could you please have a look at the response which I posted on the following question,
You might be having a similar issue.

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thank you to everyone that has responded to this post.  That has resulted in finally getting a solution.  Here is what has our query builder now running:

run the following:

--------------------------------------------
declare
  lu_name_ VARCHAR2(30);
  pck_ VARCHAR2(2000);
begin
  FOR rec_ IN (SELECT lu_name lu_name FROM dictionary_sys_tab) LOOP
    BEGIN
      lu_name_ := rec_.lu_name;
      pck_ := Dictionary_SYS.Get_Base_Package(lu_name_);
    EXCEPTION
      WHEN OTHERS THEN
        Dbms_Output.Put_line(lu_name_);
    END;
  END LOOP;
end;
-----------------------------------

If you get data back you have to change the LU name in the view in the comment section for all invalid lu names, 

i.e. FROM:

COMMENT ON TABLE AGRX1APP.AGR_RESOURCE_EMP_LOAD_CAPACITY IS 'LU=AGR_RESOURCE_EMP_LOAD_CAPACITY^PROMPT=AGR_RESOURCE_EMP_LOAD_CAPACITY^MODULE=CUSOBJ^';

TO:

COMMENT ON TABLE AGRX1APP.AGR_RESOURCE_EMP_LOAD_CAPACITY IS 'LU=AgrResrceEmpLoadCapacity^PROMPT=Agr Resrce Emp Load Capacity^MODULE=CUSOBJ^';

If you do not get anything, execute the following script 

-----------------------------
BEGIN

Dictionary_SYS.Rebuild_Dictionary_Storage_(0,'FULL'); COMMIT;

END;
----------------------------

Then refresh all the caches in refresh server caches in IFS.