Solved

Lobby Navigation to an IAL or Information Source Query

• 23 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

System IFS Apps10 UPD8

Is it possible to create a drill down to an IAL or information source?

I have create a lobby chart element and the data source is an IAL.  The user has requested the ability to drill down to actual detail and cannot see a way to do this.

For now I have created a quick report to the IAL and passed the year and week no that the user has clicked on in the chart but the quick report parameter dialogue box is displayed (with the year/week no) and the user has to click OK.  I was hoping the parameter window would be somehow hidden and just opened the report.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by djay 23 October 2020, 15:40

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7

System IFS Apps10 UPD8

Is it possible to create a drill down to an IAL or information source?

I have create a lobby chart element and the data source is an IAL.  The user has requested the ability to drill down to actual detail and cannot see a way to do this.

For now I have created a quick report to the IAL and passed the year and week no that the user has clicked on in the chart but the quick report parameter dialogue box is displayed (with the year/week no) and the user has to click OK.  I was hoping the parameter window would be somehow hidden and just opened the report.

Thank you.

You mean drill into a screen? It’s possible as long as your IAL contains the key values in the screen you need to navigate to. E.g. if you need to navigate to shop orders overview, you’d have to have shop order ORDER_NO etc. in your IAL.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@anmise 

Thank you for your reply, yes the IAL has all the information however, it is the IAL I wish to drill into.   So, I need to be able to open the IAL in the navigator so that I can get the URL for it.

Can you add/open the IAL from the navigator?

Userlevel 7

@anmise 

Thank you for your reply, yes the IAL has all the information however, it is the IAL I wish to drill into.   So, I need to be able to open the IAL in the navigator so that I can get the URL for it.

As far as I know we don't have an IAL viewer in IFS Applications. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

How about create quick report based on all the information in IAL then you can navigate to the quick report and also filter data based on lobby element?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@djay Thank you for your reply I had already used the Quick Report option but wondered if there was a better way.  Thank you.

Userlevel 7

@anmise 

Could you perhaps create a lobby with one or many list elements displaying the details from the IAL and then navigate to that? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@anmise I have created a lobby with the list elements before with IAL and navigated to that, however on this occasion the user wanted to be able to export to excel when required.

Thank you for your reply though.