Question

IFS Permissions and Securities

• 26 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello

I am wondering if anyone of you have documented some How To document on IFS Securities and Permission sets, profiling etc. 

Looking for some initial document to compiling one for our company. any ideas, tips, existing document will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We have somewhat documented our permission sets and security but probably not in the how-to format you’re looking for. Its something I’ve been thinking about how to document too.

What we do have though:

• Our End-User roles are named according to the basic job position they have e.g. “finance officer”, “finance manager” etc. We try and keep them as simplified and as few as possible.
  • Any special functionality that might be wanted to be used across more than one business department e.g. being able to run certain reports we put into a functional permission set and then grant that to the respective end user permission sets.
  • Based on the above, the permission sets kinda document themselves as to what they do (to a very basic degree).
  • Our internal technical documentation (currently an SOP) then explains where/how to make permission set changes (more at a concept level).
  • We then document our custom permission sets in the SOP (the ones that don’t come out of the box with IFS) with a basic summary of what they do.
  • I now export the permission set once any changes are made and keep the xml file version tracked in our Records Management System (e.g. if someone breaks it we have a copy of it).

Our security/permission set documentation for IFS could be better though, so interested to see what others do.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello

I am wondering if anyone of you have documented some How To document on IFS Securities and Permission sets, profiling etc. 

Looking for some initial document to compiling one for our company. any ideas, tips, existing document will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Are you looking for information on how they work and what different text, symbols, and colors mean?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Garak , @mess1153  Thanks for replying,  I will be compiling this document soon for our ORG. Looking for some ideas, if any, or a sample document that you think is best to understand , could be from any other software. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@KHALIDU here is a document that I put together. It’s not much, but it does tell you what everything means. I found it to be very useful.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thanks @mess1153