Solved

IFS approval requestor

• 23 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, 

We currently use the IFS approvals feature, but one of the issues we are facing is that users have no way of knowing who requested their approval on a given item. Often times they may have a question about the approval and they have no way of knowing who actually generated the request.

I’ve looked through the system, but I do not see any native function that will tell them who created the request. Is there any way to achieve this through a custom field or is there another way to obtain this info? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by paul harland 23 November 2020, 15:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @cjohnson 

I think it depends on the specific scenario.  There is no universal route by which approvals are requested - often it is via a custom event, but the change that triggered the custom event is unique to the type of object the approval is related to.

So, yes, there is almost always a way, usually with a custom field of some sort.  For example, if it was Sales Quote Release, we could look at the History tab with a read-only field to see who made the change.  But it’s impossible to give a universal answer   

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Thanks @paul harland I did end up writing a custom event/event action with a Custom Attribute to pull the user ID. I used the variable of the current user (requester), which does the job of identifying to the individual who assigned them the approval.