Solved

Global System Variables

• 15 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Is there a way in IFS Apps 10 to set a global variable similar to how the $INSTANCE variable works in the connect readers? 

I am looking to set up something for an external REST Api I am using in event actions so that I do not have to manually update the endpoint URL every time I import an updated app package into my test and production environments.

icon

Best answer by NSRJMITCHELL 4 August 2021, 20:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@NSRJMITCHELL  Do you need to use context substitution variables within an external navigation link ?

Thanks

Sandun

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

No, it is the end point URL in an Event Action

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I have not been able to find anything after extensive searching, but I did come up with a way to achieve this.

Under an Event you can create ‘Custom Attributes’ which allow you to make PL/SQL function calls. I simply added a new function in our custom utility API in PL/SQL that returns the value I need for the specific instance. Implement this in each of your instances (DEV, TEST, PROD, etc...) and when it calls the PL/SQL function it will get the correct value it needs. 

You can use the value in the Event Action just as you would any of the normal attributes that are passed from the event.