Question

Electronic Order Acknowledgements - ORDRSP XML File

• 18 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

We currently send ORDRSP (order acknowledgements) to our EDI customers. In reviewing the ORDRSP XML file, I noticed that all items on an order are included, regardless if there has been a changed or the item has been shipped.  Our current version of IFS is App9 and we are looking to understand the following:

• Is there documentation on what drives the ORDER_LINE_RESPONSE_TYPE values of:
    • Changed 
    • Accepted without amendment
  • Is there a configuration setting within IFS that would prohibit sending a shipped complete line in an order acknowledgement (ORDRSP)?  Right now, if an order acknowledgement is generated, the ORDRSP file includes the shipped completed line item and the ORDER_LINE_RESPONSE_TYPE is “Changed”.  

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @CINKBOLICK ,

You can find all the details about EDI messages that are available in IFS Applications and how they are used in an internal and an external order flow in the IFS Application Online Documentation. Just press F1 while you are in the application and type ORDER_LINE_RESPONSE_TYPE in the bottom left search bar and hit enter.

From there you can find all the Mandatory, Non- mandatory and Conditional fields that are included in a Send/Receive Messages.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Himasha,

I had already reviewed the IFS documentation and outside of it showing the field and that it’s a supplier response, I could not find what drives the values.  Additionally, we still are trying to see if there’s a way to exclude the shipped complete lines.  Any additional help would be appreciated!