EDM file repository

• 12 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 107 replies

Hi,

We recently changed our file server IP address, we were using the Shared option in file repository to store the documents on file server instead of database. How do i change the server ip address.

Is it delete and reenter the path.

icon

Best answer by Ragaventhan Sathananda 12 June 2021, 18:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @m.arif,

I hope you are using a oracle directory for that configurations you need to change the Oracle directory path from the database. (table dba_directories)

If you are using the IFS Connect setup for the above requirement. Then you may change the IP address from the Setup IFS Connect window in the application.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Ragaventhan,

i was talking about the edm file repository. You screen is pointing to File readers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @m.arif 

Yes you need to reconfigure those paths to the new file server IP. You may delete the original line, duplicate the same line and update the path to the new IP address and save it.

Sorry for the above confusion. Hope now its all clear.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks Ragaventhan, i will delete and recreate them. You have answered my another query of ifs connect , is there a documentation on how to use it for reading the external files on server like xml /excel or csv and insert it into a temporary table in IFS.

Does that require citric build place.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @m.arif,

Yes I have shared the documents on that post. Those are the official IFS documents regarding IFS Connect and its configurations.

I hope it helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @m.arif 

Yes you need to reconfigure those paths to the new file server IP. You may delete the original line, duplicate the same line and update the path to the new IP address and save it.

Sorry for the above confusion. Hope now its all clear.

I could not delete the old path in repositories. Hence i recreated a new repository using same document class but still the files are pointing to old IP.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @m.arif 

Could you please check whether the changes has been reflected in the table EDM_LOCATION_TAB. If not you may alter or edit the path names of the repos in that table and resolve this problem. That's the table where all repository has been defined.