Question

Custom Object in search dialog box

• 8 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

I have created a read only custom object to display a field from the inventory part LU on Material reqs lines. This works fine but they want to go a bit further when they do a LOV on a Part_NO they would like this custom object to show in the search dialog box when they select LOV on the Part_no field. Can this be done?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hi,

try checking this box in the custom field setup.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I did and it doesn’t show up. This is where they would like to see it. The custom field is type designation and they want it to show when they hit lov for part no to show in the dialog box there. See picture below.

I already had the list of values selected and it doesn’t apprear and i’m guessing its because this field doesn’t belong in the search dialog box view. That view is INVENTORY_PART_LOV_MRP.

Thanks

Badge +1

Hi,

Go to the custom field where it created and check whether this filed is enabled in Approved Details Views. If not enabled. Please enabled the respective LOV

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

It doesn’t show up there :( Does this mean it can’t be done?

This is what comes up

Badge +1

Hi,

As I understand LOV view has to listed there and published in that LOV as well. Only then it will be available in LOV when when user click on it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

If you want to add a new field in the LOV view INVENTORY_PART_LOV_MRP you need to add the Custom Field to the LU InventoryPart. Even if the value is taken from that LU, since the specific view does not have that column.

You also need to enable the  field in view INVENTORY_PART_LOV_MRP by clicking on the link for “Approved Detail Views” and approve the view for custom fields. (See picture below.)

Then you can publish the field and you shall see it in the LOV.